Today we are continuing our mixed media theme, with Ekaterina showing how you can create texture and dimension on a tag.
We asked Ekaterina for her inspiration for this project, this is what she said “For the last 7 years I have been fond of scrapbooking, during this time I tried to work in different styles. But the only style which I hadn’t considered working with for me was to use a mix of media. But when I have started search of inspiration, the book “Color Cards” from Chameleon was my main source. Having chosen a card design I went to work. The result wasn’t difficult at all and I even found it very fascinating!”
Materials Used:- Chameleon Color Tones Deluxe Set; Crimson Red (RD4), Purple Grape (PR4), Hot Cocoa (BR2), Grass Green (GR3), book “Color Cards” – Flowers.
- Cut out a tag from thick cardboard. Cover it with acrylic base. Now add some chipboard numbers. After it all dries cover the whole surface with black Gesso. Make sure it’s completely dry before applying transparent texture paste using a stencil.
- choose suitable drawing from the Flowers “Color Cards” set.
- These cards have an example on how to color the card, showing how to get the best result. It helps if you have only just begun to learn how to use Chameleon markers.
- Using the example image, color the blank card.
- Cut out the coloured flower and place on the tag at an angle.
- Decorate the tag with splashes of white and purple acrylic paint. Paste the cut-out flower. After that it is possible to decorate with a red glitter and white acrylic paint on edge.
Don’t you just love all that dimension and glitter? The black really makes the flowers pop.