This exploding box card is just brimming with fluttery goodness and an absolute feast for the eyes.
Chameleon Color Tones Pens Deluxe Set: Crimson Red RD4, Sky Blue BL3, Seville Orange OR4, Spring Meadow YG3, Purple Grape PR4, Warm Sunset YO3, Aqua Marine BG4, Bark BR5. Hero Arts Antique Engravings stamp set, Stampin’ Up! Best Day Ever Stamp set, VersaFine Onix Black ink pad, Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, Crafters Companion Ultra Smooth white card stock, Stampin’ Up 1 ¾” Circle Punch, Stampin’ Up! Painted Blooms designer series paper, Stampin’ Up! Project Life corner rounder punch, window sheets.
You can download the box card template by clicking this link
1. For the box cut white card stock to 9” x 4 ¾”. See the template provided for the scoring and cutting details. Use sticky tape to connect the box together.
2. Cut four 2” x 2 5/8” pieces of designer series paper and four 2” x 1 7/8” pieces of designer series paper.
3. Round the corners of the flaps of the box and on one side of the 2” 1 7/8” pieces of designer series paper. Adhere the designer series paper layers onto the box.
4. Stamp butterflies and lady bug on white card stock using Memento ink.
Coloring the butterflies, for the large butterflies color each wing in two sections (first the top, then the bottom), infuse the color pen of choice for 15 seconds and then color using a stripe motion starting from the outside of the wing towards the inside using the brush nib.
5. For the butterflies with folded wings, infuse the pens with toning medium for 10 seconds, and for the wings on the back side for 4 seconds and use the brush tip
6. For the small butterflies and the lady bugs infuse the pens with toning medium for 3-5 seconds and use the bullet tip.
7. Using paper snips or other small scissors cut the butterflies and lady bugs carefully.
8. Cut six ¼” strips of window sheets that you will use to adhere the butterflies on the card stock strips that your adhered in the box. Cut them to the desired length and use sticky strip to adhere them inside the box, and then adhere the butterflies using glue dots. 9.To finish the card stamp the sentiment on white card stock using Onyx Black Versafine ink pad and punch it out using 1 ¾” circle punch. Adhere the sentiment using foam mounting tape. And you are done.
We love how these butterflies seem to be flying off in all directions out of the box, if you wanted to alter this design you could change the butterflies for flowers.
What other things would you have exploding out of the box, let us know in your comments?