Hi Everyone, Isha has been playing with her Chameleon Pens on silk and the results are stunning, just think you could customise your clothes, home furnishings and maybe even your other half’s Tie!
Chameleon Color Tones Pens Deluxe Set; Crimson Red (RD4), Bubble Gum (PK3), Purple Grape (PR4), Summer Sun (YL2), Seville Orange (OR4), Warm Sunset (YO3), Deep Violet (VO4), Sky Blue (BL3), Blue Violet (BV4), Spring Meadow (YG3), Colorless Blender (CB), SilkCraft.co.uk Gutta’d silk image.
White Cardstock: Recollections; 3D foam square by Scrapbook Adhesives
Die: Lil’ Inker Designs stitched mat square
1) Start with the pink/ red flower. Use brush tip of Red marker and infuse it for 30 seconds. Color from top of the petal to the base. Now color towards the base of the petal using Purple Grape marker using feathering strokes. Take the Bubble Gum pink and color from base to the top of the petals using feather strokes. Pink will help spread and soften the red color.
2) For the blue flower. Use Blue Violet towards the base of the flower keeping feather strokes. Now use Sky Blue brush tip to blend using feathering movement from the base towards the petal tip.
3) For the Orange flower, using the brush tip of orange marker and infusion time of 35 seconds, color the petals from top to the base. Now color using Deep Violet towards the base of the petal using brush tip and feather strokes. Use Summer Sun marker and blend using brush tip and feather strokes from the base of the petal to the tip. This will blend the violet and orange.
4) For the green area around the flowers, use Spring Meadow brush tip and infusion time of about 40 seconds, color from near the flowers towards the corners. Repeat for all the 3 corners. Now take colorless blender and color in circular motion in the green area, from the flower side towards the corner. This will push the green color a bit and give it a nice uniform look.
5) For the four corner square, color using Blue Violet brush tip and infusion time of 8 seconds. For the orange stripes, first color using Warm Sunset marker brush tip and infusion time of 22 seconds. color from edge to centre. Now take the Orange marker and color using the brush tip in the whole stripe.
Overlaying the colors allows you to make new colors!
6)For the flower centers use Summer Sun and Orange markers.
7)Cut a white card base and adhere the silk piece to the center. Cut a white square frame using 2 square dies and adhere it onto the card using 3D foam square.
Such a beautiful finish is achieved and the fabric remains soft once coloured!