Hi, Ilina here with this striking silk card.
Silkcraft pre-printed silk design, Chameleon Deluxe Pen set, Basic Black card stock (Stampin’ Up!), White card stock (Neenah), Candy Dots (Stampin’ Up!), Magnolia vintage labels 9 stamp set (Just Rite stampers), Versafine onix black ink pad.
1) Start by coloring your silk image:
- For the flowers I infused my pen for 20 seconds (brush nib) and used the following colors: Seville Orange OR4, Purple Grape PR4 and Aqua Marine BG4. For the Seville Orange flower; after I colored the petals, I went in with the Crimson Red RD4 pen (bullet nib) and with a flicking motion I colored the center of the the petals. Then went over the flower again with my Seville Orange and colored it infusing the pen 20 seconds (for each petal)
- I colored the background with the Deep Black pen using the brush nib with no infusion.
- Last but not the least I colored the frame, using the Olive Green pen OL3 with a 15 second infusion for each half section, then starting from the center I colored either towards the left or right, then repeated the same for the opposite side.
2) Cut your card base from black card stock measuring 4 ¼” x 11” (Scored in half at 5 ½” )
3) Cut 5 ½” x 4 ¼” piece of basic black card stock and cut a square 3 ¾” x 3 ¾” at ¼” from the top and sides. Then cut 4 ¼” x 4 ¼” white card stock and cut 3 5/8” x 3 5/8” square in the middle.
4) Trim your silk image to fit in the window you created in step 2.
5) Adhere the white window under the black one, so you can see little white trim. Then using glue dots adhere the silk image underneath.
6) Adhere the whole panel onto the card base.
7) Cut into a rectangle to fit the sentiment and stamp the sentiment.
8) Add your candy dots to the sides and adhere it to your card.
You are done! Enjoy!