Over the coming weeks on the blog we will be sharing Christmas tag inspiration, Annette has a gnome themed tag to share with us today, maybe she has a Gnomeo and Juliet DVD to wrap this year!
Supplies: Chameleon Color Tone Pens: RD4, PK3, NU1, CG8 and YG3, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, Simon Says Stamp: Gnome For the Holidays clear stamp set, Tim Holtz Holiday Knit stencil, Dreamweaver Stencils Embossing Paste, Kraft Tag, Ranger Stickles: Candy Cane and Lime Green, Neenah white card-stock and foam adhesives squares and May Arts burlap string.
- Using Embossing Paste and Stencil cover the tag entirely with stencil design. Do this step first to allow the embossing paste to dry.
- On separate piece of card-stock stamp images.
- Infuse for 10 seconds before coloring each section of Santa image.
- On the hat two colors were blended together (RD4 and YG3). Infusing each color for 10 seconds.
- Infuse for 5 seconds before coloring banner.
- Infuse for 10 seconds each color on sentiment image.
- Trim each image leaving a hint of white around the edges.
- Adhere to back of images using foam adhesives squares. This will give it dimension.
- Add stickles dots here and there for a little shine.
- Finishing off with wrapping a loop with burlap string at top.
Doesn’t the gnome stand out against the embossed knitted background design, we love this twist on the nordic design style. What parcels do you need to wrap this year, any awkward ones, our Nick will be happy to advise on wrapping styles! (Although beware it may just be a black bin bag!)