With Christmas over and all the presents unwrapped, we wanted to share some thank you card inspiration with you!
By Ilina Crouse
Chameleon Pens Deluxe set, Mama Elephant Peek a Frame die set, Wplus9 Winter pals stamp and die set, Altenew Painter Butterflies, Hero Arts black ink, paint brush Chameleon pens Colorless blending solution refill and soft sky refill, play foam, Neenah white card stock -80lb and 100lb, sequins, Lawn Fawn Hillside borders die set, paint brush, transparency sheet
- Stamp images on white card stock and die cut them.
- Cut the frame for the window using the peek a frame dies and cut the same frame from fun foam.
- Color the images using your Chameleon pens using the following fuse times.
- For the bear, the white parts use 2 pens, Cool Gray and Sky Blue. Start with the Cool Gray and color just where shadows should be. Leave the rest of the bear white. For the smaller parts infuse the brush tip of your pen for 1-3 seconds and then color. For the larger parts infuse your pen 5-6 seconds and color the parts of the bear. After this using the same fuse times infuse your Sky Blue pen and color on top of the gray. Infuse your Bubble Gum pen for 1-2 seconds and color the ears and cheeks of the bear. Infuse the Cool Gray pen about 2-3 secons and color the top and ends of the hat. Infuse the Royal Blue pen for 5 seconds and color the hat of the bear.
For the sled use Bark and Cool Gray pens. Infuse your Bark pen for 7-8 seconds and color from the middle to one end, then re-infuse and color from the middle towards the other end. Infuse the bullet point of your Cool Gray pen for 3 seconds and color the “metal parts” of the sled.
- Use your Hot Cocoa marker to color the branch. Infuse your pen (brush tip) for 5 seconds and color from the middle towards the ends.
For the owl use Bisque, Bark and Purple Grape. For the head infuse the Bark pen for 6 seconds and color, then use the Bisque pen and infuse it for 5 seconds and color the face of the owl. For the owl’s body infuse your Bark pen for 10-11 seconds and color the body of the owl. For the wings use the Bisque pen and for each wing infuse it for 3 seconds. For the scarf use the Purple grape pen and infuse it with the blending solution for 4 seconds for the smaller part and 7 seconds for the larger part.
- Cut 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of white card stock. In a little cup or a palette drop few drops of Blue Sky re-inker and dilute with with the colorless blending solution/reinker. Using a paint brush color your background. Let it dry then stamp the sentiment.
- Cut 4″ strip from white card stock using the Hillside borders die and adhere to your panel that you colored.
- Adhere 4″x 5 1/4″ piece of transparency on the back of the frame, then adhere the fun foam frame. Fill in with sequins and adhere the frame onto the background that you colored.
- Adhere your images on top. Adhere the whole panel onto white card base.
We hope we have inspired you to make a start on your thank you cards, we will have more to share with you on the blog soon!