We are excited to welcome back one of our designers from last year today, please give a warm welcome back to Ilina Crouse you can see more of her amazing work here.
My name is Ilina Crouse and I have been married for almost 11 years and am proud mommy of two girls ( 2 and 4 year old) and a little baby boy (10 months old). I work full time as an electrical and proposal engineer for Siemens Energy. I have been crafting since I was kid. My passion is rubber stamping and coloring with different kind of mediums (watercolors, colored pencils, distress inks, alcohol markers etc). Once my first child was born I started enjoying making more clean and simple (CAS) designs using different techniques and incorporating coloring. I am looking forward serving for another term as Design Team member and sharing my creations and more so looking forward for a busy year coloring with Chameleon Pens!
This is what Ilina created with our Humming Bird design from our Nature Color Cards set.
Supplies: Chameleon Pens Aqua Marine (BG4), Spring Meadow (YG3), Blue Violet (BV4), Crimson Red (RD4), Warm Sunset (YO3), Neenah White card stock.
- Take the humming bird color card.
- Color your image using your Chameleon pens
- Using the YO3 pen color the beak and the feet of the humming bird. For the beak infuse the brush tip side of the pen with the toning medium for about 4 seconds and color the beak. For the feet infuse the bullet tip of your pen with the toning medium for 2 seconds and color each feet (re-infuse for the second foot)
- Color the top of the head using the YG3 pen by infusing the brush tip for 4 seconds with the toning medium. Do the same for the around the eyes and part of the wing that is colored with the YG3 pen. (the infusing time is 4 seconds for each part)
- Color the belly of the humming bird using the YG3 pen by infusing the brush tip for 9-10 seconds and start coloring from the middle towards the left, then re-infuse your pen for the same amount of time and color from the middle towards the right.
- Color the part above the eyes and around the beak using your RD4 pen. For above the eyes infuse the brush tip of your pen for 3 seconds and color from the center towards the left, re-infuse and color from the center towards the right. For the part around the beak infuse the brush tip of your pen for 5 seconds and color from the middle towards the left, then re-infuse for the same amount of time and color from the center towards the right
- Color the tail and the parts around the belly of the humming bird using your BG4 pen. For the small parts close to the eyes and the right side of the belly infuse the brush tip of the pen for 3 seconds (and 2 seconds for the part on the right side-below the eye) and then color starting from the bottom going up.
For the part next to the belly infuse your pen (brush tip) for 5-6 seconds and color from the middle towards the left, re-infuse and color from the middle towards the right
For the tail, for each part infuse the brush tip of your pen for about 5 seconds (you can do 4 seconds for the smaller parts) and color them starting from the bottom going up.
- Use your BV4 pen to color the wings of the humming bird. For the smaller parts infuse the brush tip of the pen for 4-5 seconds and color from the ends towards the inside. For the larger area infuse the brush tip of your pen for 7-8 seconds and color from the top to the root of the wing.
Ilina has given the humming bird a colorful tropical outlook with just 5 Chameleon pens, what colors would you use on this design?