Ilina joins us today with a card perfect for any gardner or lover of succulents!
by Ilina Crouse
Supplies: Chameleon Pens Aqua Marine (BG4), Spring Meadow (YG3), Blue Violet (BV4), Crimson Red (RD4), Warm Sunset (YO3), Neenah White card stock, Paper Trey Ink Kraft card stock, Hero Arts Black ink pad, Hero Arts November My Monthly Hero stamp set and coordinating dies, Mama Elephant Peek a Frame dies , White sugar dots from Michael’s.
- Stamp all the images onto Neenah white card stock and die cut them.
- Cut the frame from Kraft card stock using the Peek a Frame dies from Mama Elephant.
- Cut a mat for your card (where you will adhere all the images) from white card stock that measures 4 1/8” x 5 3/8””
- Cut card base from Kraft card stock that measures 11” x 4 ¼” and score it in half (5 ½”).
- Color the images using your Chameleon Pens:
- For the succulents that are half tones (aqua marine and crimson red), infuse the bullet tip of your BG4 pen and color for 2-3 seconds from the middle down , do the same for the flower looking image but infuse your pen for just a second and then color from the middle of each leaf towards the outside of the leaf. Re-infuse for each leaf. Then do the same with the RD4 pen (the infusion times are the same) and color from the middle up (for the bushy looking succulent) and from the middle towards the center of the flower (for the flower looking succulent)
- Color the frogs using the YG3 and BV4 pens. Infuse the brush tip of each pen for 4 seconds and color from top to bottom (one color for each frog). Then using your bullet tip of the coordinating color pen add dots on the backs of the frogs.
- Color the mushroom house using your RD4 pen (the top of the mushroom) by infusing the brush tip of the pen for 3 seconds, then color the “Stem” using the YO3 by infusing the brush tip for 4 seconds. Color the “windows” using the bullet tip of the BV4 pen and infusing it for 3-4 seconds (so you get lighter tone)
- Color the cactus looking succulent using the YG3 pen and infusing the brush tip of the pen for 10 seconds. Re-infuse after coloring each leaf. Color left to right.
- Color the other cactus looking succulent (the one with small circle looking “leaves), with the YG3 pen, using the brush tip and infuse for 1-2 seconds for each part and then color.
- For the two leafy looking succulents use two pens to color each. For the yellow-green one use YO3 and YG3 pens. Start with coloring each leaf using the YG3 pen and infusing the brush tip for 5 seconds, then color from top to bottom. After you have colored all of them, take your YO3 pen and infuse the brush tip for 5 seconds and color over the Warm Sunset colored leaves. For the second one you will use YG3 and BG4 pens. Start again by coloring the leaves with the YG3 pen and infusing the brush tip for 5 seconds. Then color over it with the BG4 pen by infusing the brush tip for 5 seconds and re-infusing after coloring each leaf.
- For the little flower use your RD4 pen and infuse the bullet tip for 2 seconds and color it.
- For the butterfly use the RD4 and BV4. Infuse the bullet tip of the BV4 pen for 1-2 seconds and color each bottom wing. Do the same with the RD4 pen, but color each top wing.
- Stamp sentiment on your white card stock may
- Adhere the Kraft frame to the white card stock mat.
- Arrange your images in the frame and adhere them with pop-up squares/dimensionals.
- Adhere the whole panel onto your card base.
- Add the sugar dots to finish up your card.
Isn’t that Aqua Marine combination and Crimson Red combination great together! What two colours would you put together?