Paper flowers are great to adorn cards, tags and gifts, so we asked Ekaterina to show us how easy they are to make.
By Ekaterina Oleunik
We asked Ekaterina to tell us what inspired her to first start creating flowers this is what she said “One of my dear hobbies is the creation of flowers from paper. As spring has finally come and I look out of my window at last, I see bright and lovely flowers and wish to make my own even more”.
Materials Used:- Chameleon Color Tones Deluxe Set; Bubble Gum (PK3), Spring Meadow (YG3), Deep Violet (VO4), die cut flowers from Sizzix.
- Use the Big Shot machine and die cut flowers using the Sizzix die, cut out three different species of flowers on several pieces of paper.
- color each petal on flowers separately. For each petal infuse the pen with the blending chamber for 3 to 10 seconds. Depends on the petal size.
- Repeat the process on the cut-out leaves.
- Use the special tool to form each petal to create volume in the flower. Then combine all flowers using glue.
- Decorate the centres of the flowers with self-made stamens. Position onto tag to finish. The tag for a gift is then ready.
These are so pretty they will look stunning on any gift or card.