We are back again with another Impression Obsession Friend Friday, wow! Didn’t this last week whizz by and another big wow for all the inspiration that both teams gave us with such wonderful projects last week.
Today we are joined by Tanya and Olesya , both our designers today have travel as their inspiration for their projects. First up is Tanya with this great layout, we often forget that Chameleon Pens are great for Scrapbooking as well as many other craft applications.
by Tanya Batrak
Inspiration: I love coloring with Chameleon pens. It is so easy and funny. When I saw this patterned scrapbook paper I imagined how beautiful the result would be. Due to the high quality nibs, I was able to color the smallest areas of the patterns.
Materials Used: Chameleon Color Tones Deluxe Set; Warm Sunset (YO3); Olive Green (OL3); Sky Blue (BL3); Cool Gray (CG8); Impression Obsession WP390 Butterflies clear stamps by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer; Impression Obsession MC176 Mini Messages clear stamps; Studio Calico patterned paper; Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black); light watercolor paper; yellow rose ribbon.
- Color patterned paper with the brush tip using Warm Sunset, Olive Green, and Sky Blue infusing each color before coloring for 5 seconds. Using Cool Gray add shadows near the colored areas.
- Stamp butterflies with black ink on a light watercolor paper several times.
- Using fine point scissors trim the stamped images.
- Adhere the yellow rose ribbon, photograph, trimmed butterflies and some threads on the colored patterned paper.
- Add Mini Messages stamps over and under the photograph.
What a great way to show off your travel photos!
Next up is Olesya who has created this pink garden scene, makes us want to just step inside and soak up the spring sunshine.
Inspiration:- When I was in Greece I fell in love with pink gardens and decided to recreate something similar in my card using different shades of pink and purple.
Materials Used:- Chameleon Color Tones Deluxe Set; Bubble Gum (PK3), Cool Gray (CG8), Warm Sunset (YO3), Spring Meadow (YG3).Impression Obsession Garden Bench stamp, Impression Obsession Beautiful Blossoms stamp, white card stock, Dusty Concord Distress Ink, Seedless Preserves Distress Ink, brick and stone block stencils, colored Flower Soft Ivory, printed sentiment,
- Take a separate piece of white card stock and stamp images using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Using the bullet nib infuse the Cool Gray pen for 10 seconds and color the places where the shadows should be. Using the same nib infuse the Bubble Gum pen for 4 seconds and color all the petals of the flowers blending pink color with gray. Take the Warm Sunset pen and color the centres of the flowers without infusing, and the Spring Meadow – for the stems also without infusing.
- Using the bullet nib infuse the Cool Gray pen for 10 seconds and color each element of the bench separately.
- Prepare the background: cut a panel measuring 3 ¾ x 5 ¾ ,take a brick stencil and sponge the top part of the panel with Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves Distress ink. Cover the top part with a piece of printer paper and sponge the bottom part using stone block stencil and Dusty Concord Distress ink.
- Cut all the stamped images with scissors.
- Be ready to assemble the card. Place the bench in the centre of the card using a foam tape. Adhere the flowers using liquid glue and foam tape. Print the sentiment and apply it on the bench using double-sided tape.
- Fill in the gaps between the flowers with colored Flower Soft.
Now how would you like to win some Chameleon pens?
We will give away a 5 pen set (colour of your choice) to one lucky winner once the hop has ended at the end of the month. To enter, sign up for our newsletter (top right of page) and leave a comment each Friday during the hop (one entry for each comment and only one comment per post please). The draw will close at midnight GMT on the 30th April 2016.
Now time to visit our friends at Impression Obsession here.