Hi everyone, we hope you have had a good week, here at Chameleon HQ we have been busy checking out all the designs from our Friend Friday partners Impression Obsession, your jaw will drop when you see all the designs that the teams on both blogs have been creating. Today we are joined by Olesya, Cathy and Monica.
We asked Oleysa what inspired her to create this card and this is what she said ” I like sunflowers. They are the very flowers we meet driving to our summer cottage. They look so cheerful and bright. The Warm Sunset pen fits here perfectly to emphasize that yellow shade of petals filled with summer warmth.”
Materials Used:- Chameleon Color Tones Deluxe Set; Warm Sunset (YO3), Cool Gray (CG8), Aqua Marine (BG4), Spring Meadow (YG3), Impression Obsession Sunny Sunflower stamp, white card stock, American Crafts Documentary patterned paper, glitter tape, enamel dots, glossy accents, printed sentiment.
- Take a separate piece of white card stock and stamp the image several times using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Using the bullet nib infuse the Cool Gray pen for 10 seconds and color the places where the shadows should be. Using the same nib of the Warm Sunset pen infused for 5 seconds color the petals of the flower. For the leaves use the Aqua Marine pen’s brush nib without infusing and mark the shadows. Cover the previous color with the Spring Meadow pen’s brush nib infused for 6 seconds and blend them together. The central part of the flower is colored with the brush nibs of the Cool Gray, the Warm Sunset and the Spring Meadow pens without infusing.
- Cover the central parts of the flowers with glossy accents and set aside to dry.
- Apply a narrow panel of patterned paper with a thin stripe of gold glitter tape on top of the card base with foam tape. Adhere two flowers directly to the panel with liquid glue and the top flower with foam tape.
- As the final touch add a printed sentiment and a couple of enamel dots.
Now for something floral from Monica
Monica’s inspiration for this project is ” Spring is finally arrived! What a better way to celebrate life with a bit of colored nature?”
Materials Used: Chameleon Pens: Summer Sun (YL2), Warm Sunset (YO3), Cool Gray (CG8), Spring Meadow (YG3), Grass Green (GR3), Sky Blue (BL3), Purple Grape (PR4); Stamps: CL577 Maya and CL536 Leaves (Impression Obsession); Ink pad: Versafine Onyx Black; clear embossing powder; Neenah Solar White card; stitched circle 2¾” (7 cm) diameter die; corner rounder punch; fine tip scissors; foam glue pads; half pearl beads.
- Print some branches with leaves onto Neenah card using Versafine black ink pad and emboss them with clear powder. Print the sentiment and the bird onto a 10¼” x 6” (26 x 15,2 cm) white card, remember to leave about 1½” (4 cm) from the upper and right edges, and then emboss them.
- Using the bullet nib, infuse the Spring Meadow pen for 3-4 seconds and color each leaf from the tip to the branch. Then infuse for 4-5 seconds and color the branch. Color 5 branches in total.
- Repeat the second step using the Grass Green pen.
- Cut out each branch.
- Using the bullet nib, infuse the Sky Blue for 4-5 seconds and color the bird on the sentiment, from the head to the tail. Repeat the step with Purple Grape pen, blending the purple with the blue. Then with the Summer Sun pen, color the beak and the collar without infusing. Using the bullet nib, infuse the Warm Sunset pen for 2 seconds and add shadow to the beak and the collar. Enhance the purple by infusing the Purple Grape pen for less seconds than the first layer.
- At the end, infuse the bullet nib of Cool Gray pen for 3 seconds and trace the shadow under the bird.
- Fold in half the card with the sentiment. Cut a 5” x 5¾” (12,7 x 14,6 cm) of white card and cut out the stitched circle with the die to make the front panel: make sure to centre the sentiment. Round the corners with the punch.
- Attach all the branches to the front panel with some foam glue pads, making a frame for the sentiment. Then attach the panel onto the folded card in the same way. Add some half pearls colored with Warm Sunset and Purple Grape pens.
Finally we have a floral card from Cathy
Materials used:- Chameleon Color Tone Pens Deluxe set, Bubble Gum (PK3), Bisque (NU1), Cool Grey (CG8) and Warm Sunset (YO3), Impression Obsession Rose of Sharon stamp, Smile die and stamp , Memento Tuxedo Black, London Fog and Rosebud Dye ink, Dark and Light Grey Card and White card, Perfect Layers Rulers and cutting Mat and glue.
- Stamp the Rose of Sharon onto white card using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, infuse the bubble gum pen for 10 seconds and color from the centre of each petal out towards the edge and centre. Repeat the process by overlaying (coloring over the same area) with bisque. Colour the centre of the flower with warm sunset fuse the bullet nib for a few seconds and hop between the pollen buds. Fuse the grey pen for 15 seconds and create a light shadow around the edge, then partially cut the flower so that it juts out beyond the rectangle.
- Mat onto dark grey card and trim using the Perfect Layers 1/16″ ruler, then mat again onto light grey card and trim using the Perfect Layers to 3/4″. Then mount onto dark grey card blank.
- Die cut “smile from dark and light grey card and mount onto the front of the card offsetting the words so that the light grey forms a shadow.
- Stamp the flower using rosebud onto the corners of a second piece of white card and then stamp the sentiments, mount onto dark and then light grey card using the Perfect Layers rulers and mount onto the inside of the card.
Thanks for staying with us to the end of this long post, we would like to reward you by giving you the chance to win a 5 pen set, here are the details of how to enter.
We will give away a 5 pen set (colour of your choice) to one lucky winner once the hop has ended at the end of the month. To enter, sign up for our newsletter (top right of page) and leave a comment each Friday during the hop (one entry for each comment and only one comment per post please). The draw will close at midnight GMT on the 30th April 2016.
Now time to visit our friends at Impression Obsession here.