It has been a fun month with our Friend Friday play dates with Impression Obsession, the team have really enjoyed creating projects with their stamps and dies. Sadly today is our final Friend Friday with them and we wanted to go out with a bang! So please sit back and enjoy the inspiration from Ilina and Ekaterina.
By Ilina Crouse
We asked Ilina what inspired her to create this project, this is what she said “I love nature and I love animals. When choosing my images for these cards I decided to go with birds, because they can be so colorful and great to color with the Chameleon pens. For my birds I decided to do color overlays so they can be even more colorful.”
Materials Used:- Chameleon Pens Deluxe Set ( BG4 – Aquamarine, YG3 – Spring Meadow, CG8 – Cool Gray, YO3 – Warm Sunset, RD4 – Crimson Red, BR2 – Hot Cocoa, BR5 – Bark), Home Sweet Nest stamp set from Impression Obsession, My Favorite Things Blue Prints dies, Neenah White card stock #80lb, , Paper trey ink Aqua Mist and Black card stock American Crafts Amy Tangerine patterned paper, MISTI – stamp positioner, Hero Arts black gems, Doodlebug enamel dots, Hero Arts Intense black ink pad, White gel pen
1. Stamp the bird images onto white card stock. Start coloring them. Color the larger areas using Aqua Marine, Cool Gray and Warm Sunset pens starting from the tail side going towards the head and infusing with the toning medium the brush nib of each pen for 10-12 seconds each. For the tail infuse the bullet nib of the Cool Gray pen for about 2-3 seconds
2. Now to do the 2nd color you will color from the head side towards the tail side. Use Crimson Red and Spring Meadow and infuse the brush nib of each pen with toning medium for about 12-14 seconds and color over the first color, but starting on the opposite side (where we have darkest color). Cut the images out.
3. Cut the angled white piece of cardstock and using stamp positioned stamp the sentiment on it, to make sure that it’s straight (as we have crooked piece). Next stamps the bird’s nest.
4. Using the Aqua Marine pen color each egg in the nest. To color use the brush nib of the pen and infuse with toning medium for 4-5 seconds.
5. Color the nest using Bark and Hot Cocoa Pens. Start with the Bark, and infuse the bullet nib with toning medium for 2-3 seconds each time and color the little branches. Next infuse the brush nib of the Hot Cocoa Pen for about 7-9 seconds each time and color sections of the nest starting from the centre and going to the outside of the nest.
6. Using mounting tape adhere the birds, then adhere the image onto Aqua Mist panel, adhere the enamel dots and then adhere the panel onto white card base
7. For the second card you will use the Crimson red and Warm Sunshine bird. Trim the bottom of the card base and stamp sentiment using stamp positioner, to make sure it’s parallel with the trimmed bottom of the card. Adhere black strip on the back of the edge, then piece of patterned paper. Again use the stamp positioner to align the patterned paper perfectly, so that the front and back are positioned perfectly. At the end adhere the bird and add the black rhinestones.
They were some “tweet” cards from Ilina, Ekaterina started to create a card and as you can see once she started she couldn’t stop and has three beauties to share with us all.
Ekaterina was inspired to create these cards as Roses are her favourite flower. She told us that this rose stamp allows you to create so many different color versions and she has created three for us today.
Materials Used:- Chameleon Color Tones Deluxe Set; Crimson Red (RD 4), Bubble Gum (PK3), Olive Green (OL3), Warm Sunset (YO3), Stamps set Everything’s Roses and die cut “Smile”, die cut “Fancy Cutout Border” from IOstamps.
- Color each petal on flowers separately. For this infuse the marker for 3 to 10 seconds, depending on the petal size. Then use the nib without infusing to add detail and a shadow on a rose.
- To color the leaves infuse the marker for 5 seconds. Again use the nib without blending to add detail and a shadow on leaves.
- Color the middle stamen of the rose.
- Combine all Components . If you use different colors of markers , you can create a large number of cards .
Don’t forget to enter our competition to win a 5 pack of Chameleon Pens so you can create projects like these easily, here are the details on how to enter:-
Sign up for our newsletter (top right of page) and leave a comment each Friday during the hop (one entry for each comment and only one comment per post please). The draw will close at midnight GMT on the 30th April 2016.
We would like to thank Impression Obsession for coming to play with us this month, so please remember to hop on over to their blog today and leave their team some love, just click the link below.
Ilina has created a bonus project which you can hop on over to on her blog (http://ilinacrouse.com), here is a sneak peek.