Today we are excited to share the first of our new 5 pack colors, the Floral Tones. This new pack will extend our range of pinks and lavenders and includes , Dusty Rose (PK2), Peony Pink (PK4), Fuchsia PK5, Lavender (BV2) and Mauve (VO2). Watch out on our Facebook page for a chance to win these new colors here. We asked one of our designers Ilina to create a project using only the new 5 pack and this masterpiece is what she came up with!
By Ilina Crouse
Inspiration: When it comes to coloring , most of the time I color flowers, so the new Floral tones pack of 5 pens was perfect for this.
Materials Used:- Chameleon Pens Floral tones Peony Pink (PK4), Fuchsia (PK5), Mauve (VO2), Lavender (BV2), Wild Hibiscus and Label Love stamp sets from Altenew, Neenah White card stock #80lb, Papertrey ink Black, MISTI – stamp positioner, Hero Arts silver gems, Stampin’ Up! Silver thread, Hero Arts Intense Black ink pad, Lil Inkers Designs Stitched rectangles dies.
1. Using masking stamp images stamp flowers and butterfly onto white card stock ,then die cut it using one of the stitched rectangle dies.
2. Color the images starting from the center one. First use the Peony Pink pen and infuse the brush nib with the toning medium for 7 seconds. Color from the middle of each petal towards the center of the flower. Next use the Lavender and infuse the brush nib with the toning medium for 4 seconds and color each petal from the middle towards the outside of the petals.
3. For the next flower, repeat the same technique for coloring, but use the Lavender pen and infuse the brush nib using the toning medium for 5 seconds for each petal, next use the Muave pen and infuse it using the toning medium for 5 seconds.
4. For the last flower, use the Fuchsia pen and infuse it with the toning medium for 6 seconds and color the petals from the middle outwards, then use the Peony Pink pen infuse the brush nib with toning medium for 8 seconds and color from the center towards the outside of the flower.
5. Lastly color the butterfly using the Fuschia and Lavender pens and infusing them for about 3 seconds each (the brush nib) and coloring each section.
6. Stamp the sentiment onto white card stock and trim it.
7. Adhere the silver thread, sentiment and rhinestones to the panel.
8. Adhere the whole panel onto black card stock card base.
Great inspiration to whet your appetite for our new floral color tones, have you got yours yet? If so share with us what you have created on our Facebook page!