Monica joins us today to share her friends forever layout, this clean and simple scrapbook design has been enhanced with the cute little Penny Black Mimi image in her Pj’s colored with Chameleon pens.By Monica Maldarella (Mybonnetbee)
Monica told us her inspiration: “I’m not a great scrapbooker, the empty page makes me unconfortable. But when I put my eyes on this cute stamp, I saw my little girl with her favourite peluche! That’s how this page was born.”
Materials Used: Chameleon Pens: Bisque (NU1), Bubble Gum (PK3), Fawn (NU3), Hot Cocoa (BR2), Bark (BR5), Cool Gray (CG8); Stamps: 4245H Sweet Dreams (Penny Black), LF559 Milo’s ABC’s (Lawn Fawn); Ink pad: Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark, Distress Vintage Photo; Embossing powder: clear, white; 8 5/8” x 9 ½” (22 x 24 cm) pale rose cardstock, Dovecraft Kraft Card 240gsm; Dies: F5 – Bordi Decorati (La Coppia Creativa), 660210 ABC123 (Thinlits Sizzix); white gel pen; blending tool; liquid glue.
- Print the stamp onto the bottom left corner of the pale rose cardstock using Versafine black ink pad; then, emboss it with clear powder. Using the brush nib, infuse the Bisque pen for 4-5 seconds and color each half of the girl’s face starting by the eyes line. Color the cheeks without infusing. Add some shadow to the hair with the Hot Cocoa pen, infusing the brush nib for 3-4 seconds. Repeat this step using the Bark pen for the hair near the neck.
- Using the brush nib, infuse the Fawn pen for 5-6 seconds and color the night cap in three steps. Then, repeat with the Bubble Gum pen. Do the same with the pyjamas: infuse the Fawn pen for 5-6 seconds for both the shirt and the trousers. Repeat with Bubble Gum pen. Add some shadows to the blanket, the sleepers and the bunny with the Fawn pen, infusing it for 3-4 seconds.
- Complete the coloration of the baby girl adding some shadow to all the image with the Cool Gray pen, infusing it for 5-6 seconds. Add some shadow to the pyjamas and the night cap with the Fawn pen. At least, add some freckles with the white gel pen.
- Blend the edges of the rose pale cardstock using the Vintage Photo pad.
- Cut out the letters FRIENDS from the Kraft cardstock using the Sizzix die, and the stitched border. Blend the edges with Vintage Photo.
- Glue the letters onto the high right corner of the rose pale cardstock, then stamp with black ink the word FOREVER using the Lawn Fawn alphabet and emboss it with clear powder.
- Cut the photos in measures such that fit into the cardstock and attach them onto the paper. Stamp the names onto the Kraft border with Versamark and emboss it with the white powder. Then glue it near the stamped baby girl.
- Complete the project by attaching the pale rose paper onto a 12”x12” pink-white striped paper.
Using your stamps with Chameleon pens gives a whole new range of embellishments that you can use to enhance your scrapbook pages. What is your favourite stamp for scrapbooking, let us know in your comments at the end of this post.