Kasia joins us today with this beautifully framed stamped Gorjuss Girl image.
This whole image was colored using just Five Chameleon Color Tones Pens!
SUPPLIES : Chameleon Color Tones Deluxe Pen Set, Fawn (NU3), Bisque (NU1), Bark (BR5), Hot Cocoa (BR2), Purple Grape (PL4).
Patterned paper was trimmed to leave a small border around a Kraft card blank.
A paper doily was then added to the centre of the card and a wooden ornate frame added over the top.
On a separate piece of card the Gorjuss Girl image was stamped, colored and cut out.
Infuse the Hot Cocoa pen for 7 seconds, color the hair,
Infuse the Fawn pen for 5 seconds, and color the face,
Infuse Purple Grape pen 13 seconds and color the dress..
If you want to get a deeper shade you can make another pass with the chosen color.
The stamped image was then mounted onto the card base.
Flowers and die cut leaves were then added to finish the design.
We love how easy this design was to create with just a few Chameleon pens whilst still getting the impression of depth and dimension. If you have created projects using just a few Chameleon pens please share them with us on our Facebook page, we would love to see them!
With Christmas over and all the presents unwrapped, we wanted to share some thank you card inspiration with you!
By Ilina Crouse
Chameleon Pens Deluxe set, Mama Elephant Peek a Frame die set, Wplus9 Winter pals stamp and die set, Altenew Painter Butterflies, Hero Arts black ink, paint brush Chameleon pens Colorless blending solution refill and soft sky refill, play foam, Neenah white card stock -80lb and 100lb, sequins, Lawn Fawn Hillside borders die set, paint brush, transparency sheet
- Stamp images on white card stock and die cut them.
- Cut the frame for the window using the peek a frame dies and cut the same frame from fun foam.
- Color the images using your Chameleon pens using the following fuse times.
- For the bear, the white parts use 2 pens, Cool Gray and Sky Blue. Start with the Cool Gray and color just where shadows should be. Leave the rest of the bear white. For the smaller parts infuse the brush tip of your pen for 1-3 seconds and then color. For the larger parts infuse your pen 5-6 seconds and color the parts of the bear. After this using the same fuse times infuse your Sky Blue pen and color on top of the gray. Infuse your Bubble Gum pen for 1-2 seconds and color the ears and cheeks of the bear. Infuse the Cool Gray pen about 2-3 secons and color the top and ends of the hat. Infuse the Royal Blue pen for 5 seconds and color the hat of the bear.
For the sled use Bark and Cool Gray pens. Infuse your Bark pen for 7-8 seconds and color from the middle to one end, then re-infuse and color from the middle towards the other end. Infuse the bullet point of your Cool Gray pen for 3 seconds and color the “metal parts” of the sled.
- Use your Hot Cocoa marker to color the branch. Infuse your pen (brush tip) for 5 seconds and color from the middle towards the ends.
For the owl use Bisque, Bark and Purple Grape. For the head infuse the Bark pen for 6 seconds and color, then use the Bisque pen and infuse it for 5 seconds and color the face of the owl. For the owl’s body infuse your Bark pen for 10-11 seconds and color the body of the owl. For the wings use the Bisque pen and for each wing infuse it for 3 seconds. For the scarf use the Purple grape pen and infuse it with the blending solution for 4 seconds for the smaller part and 7 seconds for the larger part.
- Cut 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of white card stock. In a little cup or a palette drop few drops of Blue Sky re-inker and dilute with with the colorless blending solution/reinker. Using a paint brush color your background. Let it dry then stamp the sentiment.
- Cut 4″ strip from white card stock using the Hillside borders die and adhere to your panel that you colored.
- Adhere 4″x 5 1/4″ piece of transparency on the back of the frame, then adhere the fun foam frame. Fill in with sequins and adhere the frame onto the background that you colored.
- Adhere your images on top. Adhere the whole panel onto white card base.
We hope we have inspired you to make a start on your thank you cards, we will have more to share with you on the blog soon!
Hi crafters! Team member Monica is sharing a Stampendous 3D Poinsettia for Christmas. She really wanted to showcase how you can get a really nice bold look with Chameleon Pens.
Monica is using Crimson Red (RD4). She infused the larger petals for a count of 7 seconds and for the smaller petals she infused for a 10 second count.
The leaves were colored with Spring Green (YG3) with an infusion time of 6 seconds and then Grass Green (GR3) to add some deeper shadows towards the inner areas of the leaves.
Now to really make the flower pop off the page Monica took her Chameleon Detail pen and went along the outlines of the stamp image.
Well we don’t know if Christmas has come along as quickly for you as it has for us, but we hope that our designs have helped to inspire you this holiday season. Will be back just before Christmas to announce our new team for next year. Until then we would like to wish all our readers, where ever you are and what ever you celebrate a happy holiday!
We have been so busy here decorating
Nick (aka Marker Man), whoops we mean the office with tinsel that we forgot to announce the winner of our Lawn Fawn Blog hop!
So with out further a do…… the winner is………
Congratulations Andreia, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your address and choice of 5 pack colour.
Have you bought your Christmas tree yet, Isha has bought a whopper,it is so big it won’t even fit in her car!!!!
Materials used: Chameleon Color Tones Pens Deluxe Set; Crimson Red (RD4), Sky Blue (BL3), Grass Green (GR3), Bark (BR5), Spring Meadow (YG3), Summer Sun (YL2), Cool Gray (CG8), Colorless Blender; Stamp: Dashing (Avery Elle); Ink: Imagine Crafts/ Tsukineko (Memento Tuxedo Black; VersaMark); Embossing Powder: WOW! Embossing Powder (Clear Clitter, Rich Gold); Embossing Paste: Wendi Vecchi; Stencil: Falling Snow (Simon Says Stamp); Cardstock: Neenah (White), Vellum (Bazzill); Patterned Paper: Snow Day (Lawn Fawn)
1) Stamp image using Memento black ink onto Neenah cardstock.
2) Color the image, use the red marker brush tip and fuse for 40 seconds. Start from the centre and work out to the end.
3) Color in the tree by first using the spring meadow marker brush tip and infuse for 7 seconds, then use the grass green marker on top of it, using brush nib and infusing for 5 seconds.
4) Color in the star and lights using the yellow marker brush nib and infuse for 2 seconds.
5) Fussy cut the image.
6) Cut a white mat layer, apply embossing paste and sprinkle some glitter embossing powder, let dry and then heat emboss.
7) Cut another mat layer, use the red marker to color the border so the red color matches the car.
Cut a vellum strip, stamp the sentiment using VersaMark ink, emboss using gold embossing powder.
Assemble everything together as per the photo.
Of course we were joking we are sure Isha’s tree isn’t really this big but how fun would it be to see a car driving down the road with such an enormous tree?
Have you ever seen a reindeer wearing a sweater? The one on this Christmas card that Annette has created is so trendy! Reminds me of our Nick from the office’s Christmas jumper collection (equally snazzy taste).
Supplies: Chameleon Color Tone Pens: PK3, RD4, YG3 and NU3, Hero Arts Christmas Reindeer stamp set, Reverse Confetti Jolly Holiday, Papertrey Ink die cuts, watercolors, Neenah white card-stock, Tsukeniko Memento tuxedo black ink pad, Ranger watercolor-paper and foam adhesives.
- Stamp images on separate piece of card-stock.
- Infuse YG3 for 5 seconds each time you color a branch on the trees. Then Infuse NU3 for 5 seconds each time you color a section of the deers body.
- Infuse YG3 for 5 seconds and color polka dots on deers sweater. Color sweater with RD4 using direct color. No infusing.
- Trim each image leaving a hint of white.
- Make card from card-stock, cut a piece of watercolor paper same size as front side of card.
- Using watercolors create a colorful background then once dry adhere to card base.
- Die cut shapes and adhere to card and using foam adhesives adhere images to card.
- Stamp sentiment on die cut banner and adhere to card using foam adhesives.
So now you have seen this little wooly jumper, what about telling us about your Christmas Jumpers, what is your favourite?
Hi crafters! Today Monica shares a Christmas tag that you can add to your presents as a personal way to say Merry Christmas to the ones you love!
She uses a fun Christmas image with Santa, a snowman and cute reindeer.
To color the snowman use Deep Black (BK4) infuse for 10 seconds, this gives the nice gradient look as shown. Crimson Red (RD4) and Royal Blue (BL6) to color his scarf and the red on his hat. For the smaller areas infuse the pen for 4 seconds.
Santa is colored with Crimson Red (RD4) and infused for 9 seconds. Bark (BR5) was then used to give the outer edge of Santa’s hat a deeper shadowed look. His face was infused for 3 seconds using Bisque (NU1) and then Fawn (NU3) to outline his face for the deeper shadows.
The reindeer was colored with Crimson Red (RD4), Bisque (NU1), and Bark (BR5). His cheeks were coloured with Bisque (NU1) infused for 3 seconds and his nose was colored without infusing the pen, so it’s a bright red. Some Stickles glitter was added to various areas to brighten things up just like sparkling of snow.
Ilina joins us today with this fun reindeer shaker card.
Chameleon Pens Deluxe set, Memento Tuxedo black ink , Mama Elephant Reindeer games set and dies, Mama Elephant Merry Greetings stamp set, Papertrey Ink Snowflake Sparkle mini stamp set, White Craft ink pad, Staz-on White ink pad, Fuse tool, 4×6 Project life fuse pockets, assortment of sequins, Lawn Fawn Hillside borders dies, Neenah White card stock, Stampin’ Up! Soft Sky card stock, We r memory keepers next level quilted embossing folder.
1) Using the project life fuse pocket make a pocket measuring around 3 3/4″ x 5″, leave it open on one side so you can slide in the images and sequins/beads. Stamp sentiment using white Staz-On ink pad.
2)Die cut two strips using the Hillside borders dies from white card stock to create the “snow” in the scene.
Cut the background of the “Scene” from Soft Sky card stock to measure about 3 3/4″ x 5″ (to fit in the pocket you created in the step (1) and stamp snowflakes in the background using white craft ink.
3) Stamp and die cut the images and then color the images using your Chameleon pens. Here are fuse times used to color the reindeer and trees:
– Trees: Color the top part using the Green Grass pen and infusing with the toning medium for 20 seconds, then do the same with the Spring Meadow pen; infuse it for 20 seconds and color on top of the Green Grass tree. For the trunk, infuse your Bark pen (the ball point) for 6 seconds and color the trunk.
– Reindeer: Use Bark, Fawn and Cool Gray.
For the head use the Bark pen and infuse it with the toning medium for 13 seconds,
for the larger part of the body the Bark pen was used again and infused with the toning medium for 10 seconds. For the individual legs the Bark pen was used and infused with the toning medium for 7 seconds for the larger limbs, and 6 seconds for the smaller ones. For the ears use the Bark pen and infuse for 3 seconds. For the Reindeer face use the Fawn pen and infuse it with the toning medium for 14 seconds. For the belly use the Fawn marker and infuse with the toning medium for 4 seconds.
The antlers were colored with the Cool Gray pen and infused with the toning medium for 5 seconds, for each antler. For the smallest parts use an un-infused pen.
5) Cut 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ piece of white card stock and emboss it using one of the embossing folders. Adhere your shaker pocket onto the embossed panel using glue dots. Adhere reindeer onto the front of the shaker pocket.
6) To finish it adhere the whole panel with the shaker onto Soft Sky card base measuring 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5 1/2″
We love this interactive design, why not give it a try?
Ekaterina has created these cool Christmas tag that would snazz up any Christmas present.
To create these card use Chameleon Color Tone Pens Cool Grey, Bark, Crimson Red, Warm Sunset, Sky Blue and Bubble Gum.
For this tag Cool Grey was used, the pen was infused and then the polar bear colored from right to left to give the appearance that the light was shining from the right. A shadow was then added using the Sky Blue on the iceberg.
The parcel on this tag was coloured without adding any blending solution and the polar bear colored from the centre out to give the illusion of dimension.
No matter how cold it may get outside this winter, these tags are sure to warm your heart!
Over the coming weeks on the blog we will be sharing Christmas tag inspiration, Annette has a gnome themed tag to share with us today, maybe she has a Gnomeo and Juliet DVD to wrap this year!
Supplies: Chameleon Color Tone Pens: RD4, PK3, NU1, CG8 and YG3, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, Simon Says Stamp: Gnome For the Holidays clear stamp set, Tim Holtz Holiday Knit stencil, Dreamweaver Stencils Embossing Paste, Kraft Tag, Ranger Stickles: Candy Cane and Lime Green, Neenah white card-stock and foam adhesives squares and May Arts burlap string.
- Using Embossing Paste and Stencil cover the tag entirely with stencil design. Do this step first to allow the embossing paste to dry.
- On separate piece of card-stock stamp images.
- Infuse for 10 seconds before coloring each section of Santa image.
- On the hat two colors were blended together (RD4 and YG3). Infusing each color for 10 seconds.
- Infuse for 5 seconds before coloring banner.
- Infuse for 10 seconds each color on sentiment image.
- Trim each image leaving a hint of white around the edges.
- Adhere to back of images using foam adhesives squares. This will give it dimension.
- Add stickles dots here and there for a little shine.
- Finishing off with wrapping a loop with burlap string at top.
Doesn’t the gnome stand out against the embossed knitted background design, we love this twist on the nordic design style. What parcels do you need to wrap this year, any awkward ones, our Nick will be happy to advise on wrapping styles! (Although beware it may just be a black bin bag!)
Negative Space Card
… Read more »
… Read more »
Blooming Gift Set
… Read more »
Sammy Scrapbook Layout
… Read more »
… Read more »
… Read more »
Altenew’s 4th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 1 + Giveaway
… Read more »
… Read more »
… Read more »
A Floral Layout
… Read more »