Easter gifts will look fabulous wrapped in Annette’s cute little bunny bag!
Materials used:- Chameleon Color Tones Pens: Summer Sun (YL2), Bubble Gum (PK3), Purple Grape (PR4) and Colorless Blender (CB). Other Supplies: Mama Elephant Honey Bunny stamp set, Waffle Flower Flower Circles Die Set, Lil’inker Designs medium bow die, SRM Stickers Muslin medium bag, Tsukineko Memento tuxedo black ink pad, Studio Calico Brighton Pier collection, Pink Paislee Bella Rouge collection, Love My Tapes fabric tape, Neenah white card-stock and misc foam adhesives.
1. Stamp images and color with Chameleon Color Tones Pens (infusing for 20 seconds).
2. Trim images leaving a hint of white around the edges.
3. Die cut shapes with designer paper.
4. Wrap muslin bag with fabric wash tape.
5. Using foam squares adhere die cut shapes to muslin bag.
6. Finish off with adding the cute little colored bunnies !
Bet you just can’t resist one more close up look at those little hoppy fellows?
We love the overall pastel effect Annette has achieved with the Chameleon Pens, it really shows how versatile each pen is giving such a range of shades from the lightest hint to the richest shades.
Now all that remains is to find out what Annette has filled this gorgeous gift bag with, what do you think? Our vote is for Chocolate!
This exploding box card is just brimming with fluttery goodness and an absolute feast for the eyes.
Chameleon Color Tones Pens Deluxe Set: Crimson Red RD4, Sky Blue BL3, Seville Orange OR4, Spring Meadow YG3, Purple Grape PR4, Warm Sunset YO3, Aqua Marine BG4, Bark BR5. Hero Arts Antique Engravings stamp set, Stampin’ Up! Best Day Ever Stamp set, VersaFine Onix Black ink pad, Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, Crafters Companion Ultra Smooth white card stock, Stampin’ Up 1 ¾” Circle Punch, Stampin’ Up! Painted Blooms designer series paper, Stampin’ Up! Project Life corner rounder punch, window sheets.
You can download the box card template by clicking this link
1. For the box cut white card stock to 9” x 4 ¾”. See the template provided for the scoring and cutting details. Use sticky tape to connect the box together.
2. Cut four 2” x 2 5/8” pieces of designer series paper and four 2” x 1 7/8” pieces of designer series paper.
3. Round the corners of the flaps of the box and on one side of the 2” 1 7/8” pieces of designer series paper. Adhere the designer series paper layers onto the box.
4. Stamp butterflies and lady bug on white card stock using Memento ink.
Coloring the butterflies, for the large butterflies color each wing in two sections (first the top, then the bottom), infuse the color pen of choice for 15 seconds and then color using a stripe motion starting from the outside of the wing towards the inside using the brush nib.
5. For the butterflies with folded wings, infuse the pens with toning medium for 10 seconds, and for the wings on the back side for 4 seconds and use the brush tip
6. For the small butterflies and the lady bugs infuse the pens with toning medium for 3-5 seconds and use the bullet tip.
7. Using paper snips or other small scissors cut the butterflies and lady bugs carefully.
8. Cut six ¼” strips of window sheets that you will use to adhere the butterflies on the card stock strips that your adhered in the box. Cut them to the desired length and use sticky strip to adhere them inside the box, and then adhere the butterflies using glue dots. 9.To finish the card stamp the sentiment on white card stock using Onyx Black Versafine ink pad and punch it out using 1 ¾” circle punch. Adhere the sentiment using foam mounting tape. And you are done.
We love how these butterflies seem to be flying off in all directions out of the box, if you wanted to alter this design you could change the butterflies for flowers.
What other things would you have exploding out of the box, let us know in your comments?
Ilina is back today with this beautiful bloom in sunshine colours, the blended petals for this card were created using the Chameleon Warm Sunset pen. This allowed Ilina to create shadow and dimension by making the petals darker near the centre and the underside of the petals that curl over.
Chameleon Markers: BR5 Bark, YO3 Warm Sunset, Blended bloom, Flower Patch, Kinda Eclectic (stampin’ Up) stamps, Memento Tuxedo Black, Olive (Simon says stamp), Early Espresso (Stampin’ Up!) Early Espresso (Stampin’ Up) inks, white (Simon Says stamp), Ultra smooth white (Prism) card and Brown crinkle ribbon (May Arts).
This card is so lovely it is enough to brighten anyones birthday!
Monochromatic looks are always breathtaking and this first design by Katerina proves the point.
Katerina had a dream to make a black-and-white image using only 2 markers. She thought it would be a fantasy! Only 2 colors, but with Chameleon Color Tones it was possible!
This is the image she started with
Materials used:- Cool Gray (CG8), Deep Black (DB4) and Detail pen 0,4mm(D), white pen from uni-bal.
1) On a white cardboard the picture of the flowers was printed out from Grafistka.com. Flowers were coloured with the Cool Gray (CG8) pen using the brush nib infusing for 3-5 seconds.
2) Using Deep Black (DB4) using the brush nib infusing for 3-5 seconds, shadows were added to the middle of flower petals.
3) For more dimension streaks were added to the petals using Detail pen 0,4mm(D).
4) Paint over all white background with Deep Black (DB4) using the brush.
5) Finally use a white pen to draw points and circles on all black background.
This monochromatic design doesn’t have to be black and white you could try other two colour combinations, what would be your favourite combo?
We think that this couple are not only in love with each other, but with their Chameleon pens too, as can be seen with the multiple shades of hearts floating above them with just one Red pen!
Chameleon Color Tones Pens Deluxe Set; Bisque NU1, Seville Orange OR4, Summer Sun YL2, Bubble Gum PK3, Deep Black BK4, Cool Grey CG8, Sky Blue BL3, Crimson Red RD4, Hot Cocoa BR2, Bark BR5.
1. Stamp Stamping Bella Stamp Set – Arthur and Annie onto white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
2. Using Bisque NU1 and the brush nib infuse for 4-5 seconds, to give transition of color on a face, a neck and the girl’s feet. Repeat this process for the boy.
3. Use Bubble Gum PK3 to colour the clothes of the girl. For the boys clothes use Sky Blue BL3.
4. Start colouring the hair. For the girl use Summer Sun YL2 and Seville Orange OR4. Begin with Summer Sun YL2 using the brush nib infusing for 5 seconds. Then overlay with Seville Orange OR4 for creation of shadows on hair. For the boy’s hair begin with Cool Grey CG8, and then overlay with Deep Black BK4.
5. The Small hearts were coloured using Crimson Red RD4 and the brush nib infusing for 2 seconds.
6. Use Hot Cocoa BR2 and Bark BR5 to create the earth under feet of the boy and the girl.
Ahhh true love, we wonder what Chameleon colours you are in love with?
Have you ever heard the expression “you sly old fox”, well sending secret Valentines gifts is foxy business and this little project provides the perfect wrap for those little love tokens!
This design has been created and coloured using just 3 Chameleon Color tone pens, the Seville Orange OR4, Aquamarine BG4 and Crimson Red RD4. Here is a close up of this delightful little fox.
I wonder what little gift is tucked away in this gift bag, what would your favourite Valentines gift be?
Shiver me timbers even pirates fall in love, just think of Pirates of the Caribbean, Will Turner and his love for Elizabeth Swan!
Ilina is in full pirate mode with this design.
Booty: Chameleon Pens Deluxe set: Bark BR5, Hot Cocoa BR2, Bisque NU1, Black BK4, Seville Orange OR4, Crimson Red RD4, Green Grass GR3, Aqua Marine BG4, Royal Blue BL6 and Warm Sunset YO3, Real Red and Basic Black Stampin’ Up! Card stock, Stacked with Love Stampin’ Up! Designer series paper, Crafters Companion White ultra smooth card stock, Memento ink in Tuxedo Black, My Favorite Things Blueprints 15 die set, Stampin’ Up! Brights Candy Dots, Stampin’ Up! set Hey Valentine
1. Cut card base out of black card stock and layer from Real Red card stock.
2. Stamp image onto white card stock and color with the Chameleon Pens Deluxe set.
To Color the Pirate hat, use the Black pen and infuse with toning medium for 15-20 seconds. Use the same fuse time for the face, but use the Bisque Chameleon Pen. Start coloring from the upper left corner towards the bottom right (diagonally).
To color the parrot, pant parts, shoes and shirt infuse your pen for 3-5 seconds. For the parrot you will use the Aqua Marine pen, for the pants you will use the Green Grass pen, for the shirt the Crimson Red Pen and for the shoes you will use the Black pen.
To color the chest you will use the Hot Cocoa Pen (the edges), the bark (the base of the chest) and Warm Sunset (the gold inside the chest). For the bottom and larger area of the chest you will need to infuse your Bark pen for 15 seconds and color in same manner as the face and the hat of the pirate. The cover of the chest: infuse your Bark pen for 5-7 seconds and 3 seconds (for the smaller side). For the edges infuse your Hot Cocoa pen with toning medium for 3 seconds for each part. To color the gold items inside of the chest, infuse your Warm Sunset pen for 10-15 seconds and color.
To color the parrot’s beak, belt buckle, belt and the buckles of the shoes you will infuse the pens with toning medium for about 2 seconds. The colors used are the following: parrots beak: Seville Orange, belt buckle: Black, belt: Royal Blue, shoe buckles: Crimson red.
Last but not the least is the coat. For the coat you will use the Royal Blue pen. For the larger areas infuse the pen with toning medium for about 5-7 seconds, and for the smaller area for about 3-4 seconds.
3. Next die cut your image
4.Cut the elements for the card using the Blueprints 15 die out of Real Red, Basic Black and Stacked with Love paper. Arrange onto your card base all the layers, then adhere them.
5. Adhere three real red candy dots above the image. And you are done.
What treasures will fill your heart this year?
It would be a cat-astrophe if there was no one to share this delightful card with…ok, ok we will stop with the cat puns but this card is purr-fect!
Materials used: Chameleon Color Tones Pens Deluxe Set; Crimson Red (RD4), Summer Sun (YL2), Seville Orange (OR4), Spring Meadow (YG3), Olive Green (OL3), Sky Blue (BL3), Royal Blue (BL6), Bubble Gum (PK3), Purple Grape (PR4), Cool Gray (CG8); Stamp: Penny Black (Critter Time), Papertrey Ink (Wet Paint vol. 8); Die: Lil’ Inker Designs (Stitched Mat Rectangle); Ink: Imagine Crafts/ Tsukineko (Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMagic); Embossing Powder: Imagine Crafts/ Tsukineko(Gold); Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Red and White); Sequins from stash
1. Die-cut the panel.
2. Stamp image using Memento black onto white cardstock.
3. Color the cat using CG8 by infusing the brush nib for 3-4 seconds.
Color the belly and cheeks using PK3 by infusing the brush tip for 3 seconds.
Color in the florals by infusing the colors for about 2-4 seconds.
Create the grass area by using YG3 and OL3 by infusing the brush nib for 4-5 seconds.
Once the image is colored, use BL3 to create a bit of the sky around the image by infusing the brush nib for 5 seconds.
4.Stamp and emboss the word LOVE and Stamp “you always” on a strip of paper and adhere.
5. Adhere the mat layer to Red card base. To finish, adhere some sequins.
Even in tiny flower areas it is possible to get variation in shade, as can be seen here.
If you think this card is the cat’s meow then please leave Isha some love.
Don’t you just love how valentines day allows children to share their appreciation of each other, this cute design by Ilina is perfect for this.
Supplies used: Chameleon Pens Deluxe set, Aqua Marine BG4, Seville Orange OR4, Spring Meadow YG3, Crimson Red RD4, Purple Grape PR4 and Fawn NU3, Stampin’ Up! Bermuda Bay card stock, Crafters Companion Ultra smooth white card stock, Lil’ Inkers Designs stitched rectangles dies, Stampin’ Up! Tangerine Tango twine, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, googly eyes, Stampin’ Up! Hey Valentine stamp set,Stampin’ Up! Crystal effects.
Cut card base from Bermuda bay card stock and die cut the front using the stitched rectangles die (it will cut only the faux stitches)
Stamp image on white card stock and die cut. Color the image using your Chameleon Pens.
For the largest two fish (green and orange) use the Seville orange and Spring Meadow pens, infusing each one for 15 seconds using the toning medium, then color them in.
Add dots using the Aqua marine pen on the green fish using the bullet point, and stripes on the Orange one using the Seville Orange and Purple grape, infuse each one for 2 seconds (bullet point), do the same for the hat and the book. For the hat you will use Purple Grape and Aqua marine pen and for the book the Fawn pen.
Color the other 3 fish using Aqua Marine, Purple Grape and Seville orange and infuse each one for 7-10 seconds using the toning medium.
Color the bow on the orange fish using the bullet point on the Crimson red marker (no infusing needed).
Infuse the Crimson red marker (bullet point) for 5 seconds and color the heart. Apply crystal effects on the heart.
Add googly eyes on the fish. Tie twine on top of the layer.
Adhere the whole panel using dimensionals onto the card base and you are done.
Isn’t this just fabulous, we can just see children all around the world shaking their fish cards to get those goggly eyes moving!
Kasia joins us today for her first ever design team post so please leave her some love in your comments, you may not know this but Kasia had never used an alcohol pen before she received her Deluxe set of Chameleon pens, she was more familiar working in pencil, so you can imagine how blown away we were with her first attempt to colour with Chameleon pens.
Don’t you just love how she has used shadow and highlights to create the face?
To create this project Kasia used Chameleon Color Tones Pens Deluxe Set: Crimson red RD4, Fawn NU3, Bisque NU1, Deep black BK4 and the Detail pen. Little Blue Button Stamp, mixed media holiday girl digi stamp, Boofle card stock, white Bazzil, Nellie Snellen MFD047 die, wash tape and 3d pads
1 Make base card from white card.
2. Apply red cardstock to the half base card, and hearts cardstock on the other half.
3. Cut a frame with white bazzil.
4. Cut an oval from small hearts paper and add to oval lace frame, then attach to the base card.
5. Colour the digi stamp cut out and apply with 3d pads.
6. Apply inscription-this one was typewritten and some wash tape added to finish.
Here’s a close up showing how Kasia created the features of the face, cool isn’t it?
And this one shows the dimension created with foam pads.
Don’t forget we would love to see your Chameleon Valentine creations, you can share them with us on Facebook here
Or tag us on our Split Coast Stampers Gallery Chameleon Pens here
Travel Book Mark
… Read more »
Facebook Live with Foamiran Flowers
… Read more »
Travel Photo Album
… Read more »
Tanya is Back With A Little Princess
… Read more »
Our Final Design Team Member
… Read more »
Make A Wish
… Read more »
Welcome Back Design Team Member
… Read more »
… Read more »
A Warm Welcome to Another Designer
… Read more »
… Read more »