Kicking of the week is Ilina Crouse. We can just see all these ladies rushing out to buy the latest craft supplies!
By Ilina Crouse
Art Impressions stamp set Shop, Chameleon Pens Deluxe Set, Neenah white card stock, Pure Plum card stock (My Favorite Things), Smokey Shadow card stock (Stampin’ Up!), Triple banner punch (Stampin’ Up), Cotton Crocheted pink ribbon (May Arts), sequins, Memento ink in Tuexedo Black, Versafine ink pad in Onix Black, Perfect Layers Mini and Perfect Cutting Mat (Perfect Paper Crafting), Stitched rectangles dies (Lil’ Inkers designs).
1) Stamp image on white card stock and color it using the Chameleon Pens Deluxe set. The following colors were used with the following infusion times:
- Bisque –NU1 for the skin, Bubble Gum PK3 for clothing, packages, lips and cheeks, Cool Gray CG8 – hair and clothing, Bark BK5 – hair and clothing, Hot cocoa BK2 – hair, Purple Grape PR4, Olive Green OL3 and Royal Blue BL6 for clothing.
- For different areas you can use different infusion times. For the shoes and gloves use about 3-5 seconds infusion time and use the bullet point of the pens. For the faces use a 10 second infusion times, for the hair 10-12 seconds. The clothes about 10-20 seconds depending on the size of the item and how rich the color you would like to be, less time – darker color.
2) After coloring die cut the image, then use Perfect Layers mini to cut a mat from Pure Plum card stock.
3) Adhere ribbon on the bottom on the back of the panel.
4) Stamp the sentiment on the ½” strip and punch the end with the triple banner punch, then using Perfect Layers mini cut a mat around it and punch the end again.
Now what about that prize? Well comment on this post and sign up for our free newsletter here, then at the end of the hop all comments from the posts over the week will be put in a hat with the chance to win a Chameleon Pens 5 pack of your choice! Whats more a little birdy told me that Art Impressions have a prize package too!
Now all that remains is to tell you the other sites to visit for hop inspiration today.
Ilina has created dimension with just one pen on this adorable bear card.
by Ilina Crouse
Happy Bears set (Lili of the Valley), Memento Potter’s Clay ink pad, Simon Says Stamp Kakhi ink pad, Chameleon Deluxe pen set, Stamping’ Up! Crumb Cake card stock , Neenah white card stock, Stamping’ Up! Chocolate chip card stock, On film framelits, Paper Trey Ink vintage button, Natural Jute cord May Arts Ribbon, Stamping’ Up! Candy Dots, My Favorite Things Pinstripe Background stamp.
1) Stamp the image on Neenah white card stock, then using your Hot Cocoa Chameleon pen color the image:
For the bear’s heads infuse the pen with the toning medium for 20 sec, and for the bodies for 25 seconds.
2) For the balloon infuse the pen for 15 seconds, and for the presents for 5-10 sec depending on how big the section is to color. Smaller sections infuse for a shorter time.
3) Cut the frame from Crumb cake card stock and trim the image to fit under the frame and then adhere into place.
4) Stamp the background onto Crumb Cake card stock piece measuring 4” x 5 ¼” using Khaki ink pad.
5) Adhere it to your card base ( 4 ¼”x 11” folded in half) then use dimensional foam pads to adhere the frame.
6) Cut ½” wide strip from white card stock and stamp the sentiment. Trim it. Adhere it to the frame and attach a button on the left side.
These bears look super adorable and they were only colored using one Chameleon Pen! Don’t forget to share your one pen projects with us on Facebook!
By Isha Gupta
Materials used: Chameleon Color Tones Pens Deluxe Set; Blue Violet (BV4); Stamp: Hero Arts Daisy Outline Pattern; Paper Smooches Quotables and Quote Tag die; Ink: Imagine Crafts/ Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black; Cardstock: Neenah White, DCWV Blue, Silver Glitter; Sequins: Pretty Pink Posh, Wink of Stella Clear
1) Stamp image using Memento black onto Neenah cardstock.
2) Start coloring the image using the Brush Nib. First color the biggest flowers, infusing the nib for 8 seconds.
For the small flowers and areas, infuse for 2-3 seconds.
3) For the circles, use the Brush Nib and infuse for 5-7 seconds. For the flower center, color directly using the bullet tip.
4) Once this panel is ready, cut one edge using the die. Cut a piece of silver glitter paper using the same die.
Adhere the glitter paper behind the main panel.
5) Cut the word “hello” from the main panel and then cut 4 more times using a blue cardstock.
Stack and adhere all the hello words, keeping the main panel layer on the top. This technique is called in-laid die cutting with some dimension.
6) Adhere the main panel to the cardbase and then adhere the word. To finish add some wink of stella to the word and some sequins.
Chameleon Pens really do work brilliantly on hidden messages cards! If you could only use one chameleon pen to create a project which color would you choose?
We are so excited to share with two silk projects by Ekaterina, the warmth in the Roses gives them a wonderful look and the Poppies just pop!
Chameleon Color Tones Pens Deluxe Set; Crimson Red RD4, Warm Sunset YO3, Olive Green OL3, Cool Gray CG8, Colorless Blender CB,
1) Define where there are dark areas in the petals and leaves then colour the flowers
2) Use the Colorless Blender CB and the Brush Nib to direct the color in the necessary direction. In the dark areas of a petal, use Crimson Red RD4, and in light Warm Sunset YO3. Use the Colorless Blender CB to combine two colors in the middle.
3) Use Olive Green OL3 and Colorless Blender CB for leaves and Cool Gray CG8 and colorless blender CB for the frame around flowers.
Chameleon Color Tones Pens Deluxe Set; Crimson Red RD4, Warm Sunset YO3, Olive Green OL3, colorless blender CB,
1) Define where there are dark areas. In a dark area of a petal use Crimson Red RD4. Use the colorless blender CB and a brush nib to direct color in the necessary direction.
2) Use Olive Green OL3 and colorless blender CB for leaves and then use Warm Sunset YO3 and colorless blender CB for a frame round flowers.
We love these silk projects but remember Chameleon pens will work on most fabrics, so why not use them to jazz up your wardrobe this summer!
Kasia has created two projects for us today using illusion film; a separator for a planner and a magnet for the fridge. We love these cool ideas!
By Kasia Frezja
kasia said “I decided to color the film just at the edge of the petals because I like the natural look of this film, yeey :)”
1) Die cut big shot flowers from Illusion film, keep the waste as you can use as a stencil.
2) For the page separators glue together 2 larger flowers , make holes and then color around the edges of the petals with the Aquamarine Chameleon marker, use the bullet nib and don’t infuse to get a strong vibrant color.
The page separators are now ready to add to your journal.
3) To make a fridge magnet paste 3 different sized flowers together, attatch the magnet behind the flowers and paint edges of petals with chameleon Bubble Gum pen. Add a sparkly gem to the centre to finish.
We just love how the petals grab the notes on the fridge, now you can make your own blossoming fridge designs!
I used Chameleon Pen V04 to color the flower petals and YG3 and GR3 to color the leaves. As I colored the petals I infused each time for approximately 10 secs and infused the petals for about 6 seconds.
I then took my blender pen laying down some of the solution to bleed through the purple color, this gives it lighter coloring. Afterwards I used a couple of my Spellbinder dies to create the base of the card. Matting the centerpiece with a piece of purple paper from Creative Memories.
I hope everyone has enjoyed my post and be sure to come back and check out the other amazing Silkcraft art cards from the design team.
Yes your eyes do not deceive you! She has created butterfly hair slides with a matching card!
Chameleon Pen Deluxe set, Rowlux Illusion Film, Neenah white card stock, Beautiful Butterflies dies (Papertrey ink),Beautiful Butterflies stamp set (Papertrey ink), Beautiful Utique accessories stamp set (Papertrey ink), Boutique accessories card die set (Papertrey ink), hair clips, Peek a Frame die set (Mama Elephant), sequins.Butterflies layers stamp set (Papertrey ink), Beautiful Butterflies layers dies (Papertrey ink), Purple ombre ink pad (Hero Arts), Mint to Green Ombre ink pad (Hero Arts), Staz-on ink pad in Jet Black. BoDie cut butterflies and antennae’s.
1) Color patches on Illusion film (large enough to die cut butterflies. Use 2 butterflies per hair clip. Cut the patches so you can run them through your die cutting machine. I used the following Chameleon Pens : Sky Blue – BL3, Aqua Marine – BG4, Deep Violet – VO4, Purple Grape – PR4, Bubble Gum – PK3, Deep Black – BK4
2)Die cut butterflies and antennae’s
3) Stamp dots on the butterflies. Then layer the butterflies and then adhere the antennae’s using glue dots.
4) Using heat gun or glue dots adhere the butterflies on the hair clips.
5) Die cut the accessory cards from white card stock, and stamp the images on top of each card.
6) Adhere the front card to the back and attach the hairclips.
7) For the card die cut the front window using the Peek a Frame die set and adhere it to your card front ( 4 ¼” x 11”), stamp the sentiment then adhere the butterflies and then the sequins.
What a great way to jazz up a hair clip or a card! What else do you think these butterflies would be perfect for?
Hi, Ilina here with this striking silk card.
Silkcraft pre-printed silk design, Chameleon Deluxe Pen set, Basic Black card stock (Stampin’ Up!), White card stock (Neenah), Candy Dots (Stampin’ Up!), Magnolia vintage labels 9 stamp set (Just Rite stampers), Versafine onix black ink pad.
1) Start by coloring your silk image:
- For the flowers I infused my pen for 20 seconds (brush nib) and used the following colors: Seville Orange OR4, Purple Grape PR4 and Aqua Marine BG4. For the Seville Orange flower; after I colored the petals, I went in with the Crimson Red RD4 pen (bullet nib) and with a flicking motion I colored the center of the the petals. Then went over the flower again with my Seville Orange and colored it infusing the pen 20 seconds (for each petal)
- I colored the background with the Deep Black pen using the brush nib with no infusion.
- Last but not the least I colored the frame, using the Olive Green pen OL3 with a 15 second infusion for each half section, then starting from the center I colored either towards the left or right, then repeated the same for the opposite side.
2) Cut your card base from black card stock measuring 4 ¼” x 11” (Scored in half at 5 ½” )
3) Cut 5 ½” x 4 ¼” piece of basic black card stock and cut a square 3 ¾” x 3 ¾” at ¼” from the top and sides. Then cut 4 ¼” x 4 ¼” white card stock and cut 3 5/8” x 3 5/8” square in the middle.
4) Trim your silk image to fit in the window you created in step 2.
5) Adhere the white window under the black one, so you can see little white trim. Then using glue dots adhere the silk image underneath.
6) Adhere the whole panel onto the card base.
7) Cut into a rectangle to fit the sentiment and stamp the sentiment.
8) Add your candy dots to the sides and adhere it to your card.
You are done! Enjoy!
Sun Catcher by: Annette Allen.
Supplies:- Chameleon Color Tone Pens: Seville Orange (OR4), Aqua Marine (BG4), Royal Blue (BL6), Crimson Red (RD4) and Spring Meadow (YG3). Rowlux Illusion Film, Ranger (Archival Ink Jet Black), The Twinery (Stone), Mama Elephant (Filigree stamp set), Eyelets and 3-D Glue Dots.
1. Stamp image on back of Rowlux Illusion Film.
2. Color images using Chameleon Color Tone Pens on front side.
3.Color each image differently.
4. Trim each of the images leaving just a hint of white.
5. Adhere small image to center of large with 3-D Glue Dot.
6. Punch hole at top and bottom of two images.
7. Punch hole only at the top of third image. Add Eyelets in the holes.
8.Lastly using some twine, link all three images together.
Hi Everyone it is Kasia here, I had great fun coloring on silk with my Chameleon pens.
Chameleon Color Tones Pens Deluxe Set; Seville Orange OR4, Warm Sunset YO3, Summer Sun YL2, Grass Green GR3, Olive Green OL3, Silkcraft.co.uk silk gutta square.
Preparing this card is very easy:-
1. Color image and give special attention to the smears. Chameleon pens react differently on paper
2. From simple cardboard base front cut a rectangle
3. Paste inside the base rectangle
4. From inside for cover use a piece of cardboard
5. Put an inscription and voila:)
Ghosts & Pumpkins
… Read more »
More Friend Friday with Maya Road
… Read more »
Altenew Crafty Friends Blog Hop
… Read more »
Lets Get Spooky
… Read more »
Friend Friday Continues with Maya Road
… Read more »
Happy World Card Making Day
… Read more »
Friend Friday With Maya Road
… Read more »
National Card Making Day Inspiration
… Read more »
Our Final Friend Friday With Rosy Owl
… Read more »
World Card Making Day Inspiration
… Read more »