Ilina joins us today with this fun reindeer shaker card.
Chameleon Pens Deluxe set, Memento Tuxedo black ink , Mama Elephant Reindeer games set and dies, Mama Elephant Merry Greetings stamp set, Papertrey Ink Snowflake Sparkle mini stamp set, White Craft ink pad, Staz-on White ink pad, Fuse tool, 4×6 Project life fuse pockets, assortment of sequins, Lawn Fawn Hillside borders dies, Neenah White card stock, Stampin’ Up! Soft Sky card stock, We r memory keepers next level quilted embossing folder.
1) Using the project life fuse pocket make a pocket measuring around 3 3/4″ x 5″, leave it open on one side so you can slide in the images and sequins/beads. Stamp sentiment using white Staz-On ink pad.
2)Die cut two strips using the Hillside borders dies from white card stock to create the “snow” in the scene.
Cut the background of the “Scene” from Soft Sky card stock to measure about 3 3/4″ x 5″ (to fit in the pocket you created in the step (1) and stamp snowflakes in the background using white craft ink.
3) Stamp and die cut the images and then color the images using your Chameleon pens. Here are fuse times used to color the reindeer and trees:
– Trees: Color the top part using the Green Grass pen and infusing with the toning medium for 20 seconds, then do the same with the Spring Meadow pen; infuse it for 20 seconds and color on top of the Green Grass tree. For the trunk, infuse your Bark pen (the ball point) for 6 seconds and color the trunk.
– Reindeer: Use Bark, Fawn and Cool Gray.
For the head use the Bark pen and infuse it with the toning medium for 13 seconds,
for the larger part of the body the Bark pen was used again and infused with the toning medium for 10 seconds. For the individual legs the Bark pen was used and infused with the toning medium for 7 seconds for the larger limbs, and 6 seconds for the smaller ones. For the ears use the Bark pen and infuse for 3 seconds. For the Reindeer face use the Fawn pen and infuse it with the toning medium for 14 seconds. For the belly use the Fawn marker and infuse with the toning medium for 4 seconds.
The antlers were colored with the Cool Gray pen and infused with the toning medium for 5 seconds, for each antler. For the smallest parts use an un-infused pen.
5) Cut 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ piece of white card stock and emboss it using one of the embossing folders. Adhere your shaker pocket onto the embossed panel using glue dots. Adhere reindeer onto the front of the shaker pocket.
6) To finish it adhere the whole panel with the shaker onto Soft Sky card base measuring 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5 1/2″
We love this interactive design, why not give it a try?
Ekaterina has created these cool Christmas tag that would snazz up any Christmas present.
To create these card use Chameleon Color Tone Pens Cool Grey, Bark, Crimson Red, Warm Sunset, Sky Blue and Bubble Gum.
For this tag Cool Grey was used, the pen was infused and then the polar bear colored from right to left to give the appearance that the light was shining from the right. A shadow was then added using the Sky Blue on the iceberg.
The parcel on this tag was coloured without adding any blending solution and the polar bear colored from the centre out to give the illusion of dimension.
No matter how cold it may get outside this winter, these tags are sure to warm your heart!
Over the coming weeks on the blog we will be sharing Christmas tag inspiration, Annette has a gnome themed tag to share with us today, maybe she has a Gnomeo and Juliet DVD to wrap this year!
Supplies: Chameleon Color Tone Pens: RD4, PK3, NU1, CG8 and YG3, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, Simon Says Stamp: Gnome For the Holidays clear stamp set, Tim Holtz Holiday Knit stencil, Dreamweaver Stencils Embossing Paste, Kraft Tag, Ranger Stickles: Candy Cane and Lime Green, Neenah white card-stock and foam adhesives squares and May Arts burlap string.
- Using Embossing Paste and Stencil cover the tag entirely with stencil design. Do this step first to allow the embossing paste to dry.
- On separate piece of card-stock stamp images.
- Infuse for 10 seconds before coloring each section of Santa image.
- On the hat two colors were blended together (RD4 and YG3). Infusing each color for 10 seconds.
- Infuse for 5 seconds before coloring banner.
- Infuse for 10 seconds each color on sentiment image.
- Trim each image leaving a hint of white around the edges.
- Adhere to back of images using foam adhesives squares. This will give it dimension.
- Add stickles dots here and there for a little shine.
- Finishing off with wrapping a loop with burlap string at top.
Doesn’t the gnome stand out against the embossed knitted background design, we love this twist on the nordic design style. What parcels do you need to wrap this year, any awkward ones, our Nick will be happy to advise on wrapping styles! (Although beware it may just be a black bin bag!)
Brrr, you will need your wooly scarves for this wintery Christmas card scene!
by Ilina Crouse
Supplies: Chameleon pens Deluxe set, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Lawn Fawn Toboggan together set and dies, Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders dies, Neenah white card stock, Red twine, Versamark ink pad, Hero Arts white embossing powder, Vellum paper, Lawn Fawn Snow Day petite paper pack, My Mind’s Eye enamel dots, Lil’ Inkers designs stitched rectangles dies.
1. Stamp images on white card stock and color .
-Color the penguin using the Deep Black and Cool Gray pens. Infuse each one with toning medium for about 10-15 seconds and color from left to right
-Color the feet and beak using the Seville Orange pen. Infuse the pen for 2 seconds and color each feet, then do the same for the beak.
-For the sleigh use the Bark pen and infuse it with the toning medium for about 3-5 seconds then color the sleigh
-Color the Reindeer using Bark, Hot Cocoa, Fawn and Cool Gray pens. Start with the Bark and color the body and head (infuse for about 15 seconds for the body and about 7 seconds for the head), then use your Hot Cocoa pen to color over it (without infusing it), so you achieve darker color. Then color the eye area using the Fawn pen and infusing it for 6-7 seconds, and lastly the antlers and feet with the cool gray by infusing for 1-2 seconds.
2. Die cut images
3. Cut two pieces using the hillside borders and layer them on the piece of vellum, then cut the layer using one of the stitched rectangle dies.
4. Using larger rectangle die cut layer from the patterned paper.
5. Stamp sentiment on the vellum with Versamark ink and emboss it with white embossing powder.
6. Arrange and adhere the animals on the scene and adhered them.
7. Add the enamel dots and adhere the layers, then adhere it to white card base.
We asked our design team to create some Christmas tags to help inspire all the present wrapping that will be done in the lead up to Christmas, Isha has added a jingle with a little elf mischief to her tag.
Materials used: Chameleon Color Tones Pens Deluxe Set; Crimson Red (RD4), Bubble Gum (PK3), Royal Blue (BL6), Seville Orange (OR4), Olive Green (OL3), Warm Sunset (YO3), Cool Gray (CG8), Bisque (NU1), Colorless Blender; Stamps: Merry Makers ( SugarPea Designs), Let it Snow (Winnie&Walter); Inks: Imagine Crafts/ Tsukineko (Memento Tuxedo Black, Bahama Blue); Dies: Sugar Cuts: Gift Tags, Merry Makers (SugarPea Designs); Cardstock: Neenah (White)
- Stamp image using Memento black onto Neenah cardstock.
- Start coloring the image. For the cap, Jacket and the shoes, use Crimson Red and using the brush tip color in keeping the infusion time from 3-6 seconds.
- For the jacket use Olive green, using brush tip and keep the infusion time to 3 seconds.
- Color in the face and ears using Bisque marker, use the brush tip and keep the infusion time to 4 seconds.
- Color in the bulbs using Orange and Blue marker and keep the infusion time to 3 seconds.
- Die-cut the image.
- Die-cut a tag and sponge some ink to the bottom. Stamp the snow and stars on the top (use 2nd generation stamping technique so they are lighter in color).
- Assemble everything as per the photo. Tie twine, thread and some bells.
Not only has Isha created a great tag, but will also have warning bells jingle if anyone tries to get a sneak peek at whats inside!
Hello everyone we know you have all been waiting patiently to see who has made it through to the final round of the Chameleon Pen Design Team Call, but before we make the announcement we would like to say a special thank you to everyone that entered, it was so hard to choose with so many talented entries, we know how hard it is to put yourselves out there for such a call. For those that didn’t make it through the first round this year please don’t give up, we will have another call next year!
Now a drum roll please for our finalists…………
Our Design Team Finalists
Our Colourist Finalists
They will all be working away on the next round, so we wish them well and look forward to announcing the new team next month!
Ilina has gone totally tagged today, with not one but several tags to inspire you for all those presents that are going to need wrapping!
Chameleon Pens Deluxe set, Neenah white card stock, Stampin’ Up! Crumb Cake and Soft Sky card stock, Versamark ink pad, Hero Arts white embossing Powder, Papertrey ink Pure Poppy ink pad, Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, Mama Elephant Reindeer games stamp and die set, Mama Elephant Jingle Greetings set, Mama Elephant Merry Greetings stamp set, Hero Arts Peace and Joy stamp set, May Arts 1/8″ velvet ribbon (light blue, red and parrot green), Papertrey ink tag dies, Avery Elle folded tag die, Lawn Fawn Hillside borders dies, sequins, various patterned paper (scraps)
1. Stamp and diecut the images and tags from white card stock (as well some tags from Crumb Cake and Soft Sky card stock). If you are like me you will end up with 50 reindeer!
2. Color images using your Chameleon pens. Here are fuse times I used to color the reindeer and trees:
– trees: Color the top part using the Green Grass pen and infusing with the toning medium for 20 seconds, then do the same with the Spring Meadow pen; infuse it for 20 seconds and color on top of the Green Grass tree. For the trunk, infuse your Bark pen (the ball point) for 6 seconds and color the trunk.
-Reindeer: I used Bark, Fawn and Cool Gray.
For the head I used the Bark pen and infused it with the toning medium for 13 seconds,
for the larger part of the body I used again the Bark pen and infused it with the toning medium for 10 seconds.
For the individual legs I used again the Bark pen and infused with the toning medium for 7 seconds for the larger limbs, and 6 seconds for the smaller ones
For the ears again I used the Bark pen and infused for 3 seconds.
For the Reindeer face I used the Fawn pen and infused it with the toning medium for 14 seconds
for the belly I used again the Fawn marker and infused with the toning medium for 4 seconds
For the antlers I used the Cool Gray pen and infused it with the toning medium for 5 seconds, for each antler
for the smallest parts I used an un-infused pen.
3. After you have colored your images it’s time to start assembling the tags.
4. Stamp your sentiment on choice on a tag (or stamp and emboss), add patterned paper strip or card stock and then adhere your reindeer and/or tree.
We think Ilina has created enough tags for all the Chameleon team here, and we all love the little reindeer in the office!!!
The last vestiges of autumn has left now as winter begins to take a hold, but we can still savour the beautiful colors of the season with this lovely card by Monica.
The stamp is from the Botanical Bookplates set from Flourishes along with dies from Mama Elephant.
To color this piece Monica used Chameleon pens: OL3, OR4 and BR2 as shown below.
First stamp the images onto card.
Infuse the orange pen for 5 seconds.
Color the petals of the flowers.
Then infuse the Olive Green pen for 10 seconds and color the leaves.
Finally color the centres of the flowers with Hot Cocoa and then mount onto the card.
For more detailed pictures please stop her blog here: scraps2treasure.blgospot.com and thanks so much for stopping by!
We are often asked can you use our pens with Vellum or Parchment? the answer is a definite YES, YOU CAN! Kasia joins us today with some cool vellum page paper clips for her journal.
SUPPLIES : Chameleon Color Tones Deluxe Pen Set, Fawn (NU3), Bisque (NU1), Bark (BR5), Hot Cocoa (BR2), ,Olive Green (OL3),
Little Blue Button Stamps.
1) Cut vellum into flower shape and trace outline with a Chameleon
2) Print and color digital stamp image using Chameleon pens.
3) Add digital stamp to vellum and decorate the planner page using a paper clip.
Wouldn’t this make a cool Christmas stocking gift? Who would you make these adorable clips for this Christmas?
Today is the final day of our collaboration with our friends at Lawn Fawn, it has been a fun, exciting and inspirational week! To draw the hop to a close we have Monica with a Halloween themed project.
- Stamp the image onto white card using Memento Ink.
2. Infuse the Purple Grape pen for 10 seconds and color the ghost.
3. Stamp additional features and infuse pens to get a blending of color.
4. Die cut images.
6. Mount onto card.
Then add some finishing touches, including the sentiment and stars.
But wait, Monica has more to share with these great Trick or Treat boxes.
Monica has used the Lawn Fawn Booyah set to create these mini treat boxes. The images were colored with CG3 and the pen infused for a count of 6 to get the ghosts shaded perfectly!
The cute vampire was coloured by infusing CG3 for a count of 3 and then adding the BK4 to give it a deeper shaded look.
The witches hat on ghost number two was colored with the pen without any infusing, isn’t it great that you can use these pens both ways! You can choose to infuse them to get gradual colorings or color directly with no infusing to give you a color like any other marker would. This way you can get so many looks with just one pen.
Now if that all isn’t scary enough, we have a Christmas card by Cathy that is quite brutal…ouch!
We would like to point out that no real gingerbread men were harmed during the making of this card!
Before we tell you about our competition and how to hop we just want to send out a reminder that our Design team call is running at the moment, if you are interested in applying all the details can be found
Don’t forget you only have until the 1st November (the competition will remain open until Midnight GMT) to enter our giveaway.We have a 5 set of Chameleon pens up for grabs! We will add names to the draw over the hop week. So how do you enter?…..leave a comment each day at the bottom of this blog and sign up for our newsletter (sign up can be found near the top of this page on the right). We will announce the winner on the blog some time in the near future.
Now why not hop over to our friends at Lawn Fawn, for a final day of amazing inspiration from their team!
FINAL DAY FOR KICKSTARTER !!!
Don’t Miss out- Campaign Ends 5Pm PCT
Tropical Travel Layout
… Read more »
Create a Shaker Card
… Read more »
Chameleons on Plastic
… Read more »
It’s Your Day To Sparkle
… Read more »
Chameleon Flower Earrings
… Read more »
… Read more »
Shrink Plastic Bookmarks
… Read more »
… Read more »
Over the Moon
… Read more »
A Unicorn’s World
… Read more »