Kasia surprised us all with this fabulous Easter Exploding box!
By Kasia Frezja
Just lift off the lid to reveal this cute design.
Chameleon Color Tones Pens Deluxe Set; (NU1) Bisque, (NU3) Fawn, (RD4) Crimson Red, (PK3) Bubble Gum, (D) Detail Pen.
1) Draw two rabbits using the detail pen, then colour using Chameleon pens.
2) Cut out box base and lid and cover with patterned paper on all sides.
3) Cut paper doilies in half and add to the sides on the inside of the box.
4) Apply lettering, bunnies, and white card stock, add a hand written greeting
5) Add the flowers and twine to finish.
Kasia added a flower to the middle of box , but you could add chocolate eggs or any other embellishment or gift that would fit into this wonderful exploding box!
We Love this chocolate Easter basket created by Ilina. Doesn’t that egg look fabulous shaded?
By Ilina Crouse
We have a step by step downloadable tutorial for you just click the link below to download
Chameleon Pens Deluxe Set (YO3) Warm Sunset, (OR4) Seville Orange, (BG4) Aquamarine, (YG3) Spring Meadow. Stampin’ Up! Coastal Cabana card stock, Best Year Ever Designer Series paper and accessory pack, L Die Berry Basket, Best Day Ever stamp set, Neenah classic crest smooth solar white card stock, Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, Papertrey Ink Scrambled Eggs stamp set, Versamark Ink Pad.
Ilina has filled her basket with chocolate bars, but it would also be great to create several to give out to the children to collect their treats on an Easter Egg hunt!
We would love to hear if you have tried to re-create this project and what you filled your baskets with.
This beautiful vase full of color from Isha will brighten any dull day!
Materials used: Chameleon Color Tones Pens Deluxe Set; Crimson Red (RD4), Bark (BR5), Summer Sun (YL2), Seville Orange (OR4), Hot Cocoa (BR2), Spring Meadow (YG3), Olive Green (OL3), Sky Blue (BL3), Bubble Gum (PK3), Purple Grape (PR4), Cool Gray (CG8); Stampendous Stamp (Cling Bowl Bouquet), MFT (Sentiment – Peaceful Wildflowers); Imagine Crafts/ Tsukineko Ink (Memento Tuxedo Black); Watercolor: Caran d’ Ache (Blue, Black and Red); Neenah White Cardstock, Strathmore water-colour paper.
1) Stamp image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Neenah cardstock.
2) Color the image using the brush nib. The Roses were colored using Crimson Red (RD4), infusing the brush nib for between 3-10 seconds, depending on the petal size.
For the yellow daisy, first color using Summer Sun (YL2) and then overlay with Seville Orange (OR4) keeping the infusion time from 3-5 seconds. In the same way color the pink flowers using Bubble Gum (PK3) and Purple Grape (PR4).
3) For the leaves first use Spring Meadow (YG3) and then Olive Green (OL3) keeping the infusion time of between 5-10 seconds.
4) For the stones, use Cool Gray (CG8) and keep the infusion time of 4 seconds.
5) Finally use Sky Blue (BL3) for the vase. Color over the stones too.
6) Fussy cut the image. Make card base using watercolor paper. Apply some blue and red color wash to create the background. Let Dry. Use black to create a base for your vase.
Adhere the image to the card base using 3D foam. Stamp sentiment and tie the twine.
We love how Isha has created that watery effect with the vase and the highlights on the petals of the flowers.
Monica joins us today to share this stunning Easter Gift Envelope that she created for her Niece.
Materials used: Chameleon Color Tone Pens Crimson Red (RD4), Grass Green (GR3), Seville Orange (OR4), Bark (BR5), Bisque (NU1), Cool Grey (CG8). Sweetstamps, Magnolia “Something Old, Something New” paper, distress inks.
Monica said her inspiration for this project was to create a gift envelope for her Easter loving Niece, who hates pink and purples, so did the project in her favourite colour red! So she made her these gift bags to hand out to all her envious friends.
Decorate your home with this fabulous Easter Bunting designed by Isha.
by Isha Gupta
We just love all the spring colours and the soft pastel shades that Isha has achieved on this project.
Materials used: Chameleon Color Tones Pens Deluxe Set; Cool Gray (CG8), Crimson Red (RD4), Bubble Gum (PK3), Summer Sun (YL2), Seville Orange (OR4), Spring Meadow (YG3), Grass Green (GR3), Sky Blue (BL3), Purple Grape (PR4), Royal Blue (BL6), Aqua Marine (BG4), Colorless Blender; Stamp: Lawn Fawn (Happy Easter); Ink: Imagine Crafts/ Tsukineko ( VersaMark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Bahama Blue); Cardstock: Neenah White, Stampin’Up! (Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, Daffodil Delight, Blue); Die: Couture Creations (Doily); Embossing Powder: Judikins (Egyptian Gold)
1) Die cut the colourful doilies and the centre circles.
2) Stamp tulips directly over one of the circles. Stamp and emboss the sentiment onto another circle. Stamp the other images onto a piece of scrap paper.
3) Colour the tulips using Crimson Red, Seville Orange and Bubble Gum with the brush tip and fusing for 3 seconds.
4) Shade the eggs multi coloured using the brush tip and fusing for 2 seconds.
5) Colour the Rabbits using Cool Gray and fusing for 5-12 seconds. Colour the ears using Bubble Gum Pink and fusing for 5 seconds.
6) Colour the Chicks using Summer Sun and fusing for 8 seconds. For beak use Seville Orange and fuse for 2 seconds.
7) Assemble everything together as per the photo usind 3D foam tape and Zig glue pen.
Don’t forget to share your home decor projects using Chameleon Pens on our Facebook page and in Our Splitcoast Stampers Gallery!
Victoria Schultz Grundy is back with us today sharing a section of a hand drawn feather that she has colored.
The whole feather was hand drawn (yes she really did draw this) and then it was copied and enlarged to create this stunning piece.
Victoria used our Deluxe 22 pen set to colour this beautiful design, the way the colors go from light to dark really make the image pop. We have more of Victoria’s amazing art work to share with you soon.
Easter gifts will look fabulous wrapped in Annette’s cute little bunny bag!
Materials used:- Chameleon Color Tones Pens: Summer Sun (YL2), Bubble Gum (PK3), Purple Grape (PR4) and Colorless Blender (CB). Other Supplies: Mama Elephant Honey Bunny stamp set, Waffle Flower Flower Circles Die Set, Lil’inker Designs medium bow die, SRM Stickers Muslin medium bag, Tsukineko Memento tuxedo black ink pad, Studio Calico Brighton Pier collection, Pink Paislee Bella Rouge collection, Love My Tapes fabric tape, Neenah white card-stock and misc foam adhesives.
1. Stamp images and color with Chameleon Color Tones Pens (infusing for 20 seconds).
2. Trim images leaving a hint of white around the edges.
3. Die cut shapes with designer paper.
4. Wrap muslin bag with fabric wash tape.
5. Using foam squares adhere die cut shapes to muslin bag.
6. Finish off with adding the cute little colored bunnies !
Bet you just can’t resist one more close up look at those little hoppy fellows?
We love the overall pastel effect Annette has achieved with the Chameleon Pens, it really shows how versatile each pen is giving such a range of shades from the lightest hint to the richest shades.
Now all that remains is to find out what Annette has filled this gorgeous gift bag with, what do you think? Our vote is for Chocolate!
This exploding box card is just brimming with fluttery goodness and an absolute feast for the eyes.
Chameleon Color Tones Pens Deluxe Set: Crimson Red RD4, Sky Blue BL3, Seville Orange OR4, Spring Meadow YG3, Purple Grape PR4, Warm Sunset YO3, Aqua Marine BG4, Bark BR5. Hero Arts Antique Engravings stamp set, Stampin’ Up! Best Day Ever Stamp set, VersaFine Onix Black ink pad, Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, Crafters Companion Ultra Smooth white card stock, Stampin’ Up 1 ¾” Circle Punch, Stampin’ Up! Painted Blooms designer series paper, Stampin’ Up! Project Life corner rounder punch, window sheets.
You can download the box card template by clicking this link
1. For the box cut white card stock to 9” x 4 ¾”. See the template provided for the scoring and cutting details. Use sticky tape to connect the box together.
2. Cut four 2” x 2 5/8” pieces of designer series paper and four 2” x 1 7/8” pieces of designer series paper.
3. Round the corners of the flaps of the box and on one side of the 2” 1 7/8” pieces of designer series paper. Adhere the designer series paper layers onto the box.
4. Stamp butterflies and lady bug on white card stock using Memento ink.
Coloring the butterflies, for the large butterflies color each wing in two sections (first the top, then the bottom), infuse the color pen of choice for 15 seconds and then color using a stripe motion starting from the outside of the wing towards the inside using the brush nib.
5. For the butterflies with folded wings, infuse the pens with toning medium for 10 seconds, and for the wings on the back side for 4 seconds and use the brush tip
6. For the small butterflies and the lady bugs infuse the pens with toning medium for 3-5 seconds and use the bullet tip.
7. Using paper snips or other small scissors cut the butterflies and lady bugs carefully.
8. Cut six ¼” strips of window sheets that you will use to adhere the butterflies on the card stock strips that your adhered in the box. Cut them to the desired length and use sticky strip to adhere them inside the box, and then adhere the butterflies using glue dots. 9.To finish the card stamp the sentiment on white card stock using Onyx Black Versafine ink pad and punch it out using 1 ¾” circle punch. Adhere the sentiment using foam mounting tape. And you are done.
We love how these butterflies seem to be flying off in all directions out of the box, if you wanted to alter this design you could change the butterflies for flowers.
What other things would you have exploding out of the box, let us know in your comments?
Ilina is back today with this beautiful bloom in sunshine colours, the blended petals for this card were created using the Chameleon Warm Sunset pen. This allowed Ilina to create shadow and dimension by making the petals darker near the centre and the underside of the petals that curl over.
Chameleon Markers: BR5 Bark, YO3 Warm Sunset, Blended bloom, Flower Patch, Kinda Eclectic (stampin’ Up) stamps, Memento Tuxedo Black, Olive (Simon says stamp), Early Espresso (Stampin’ Up!) Early Espresso (Stampin’ Up) inks, white (Simon Says stamp), Ultra smooth white (Prism) card and Brown crinkle ribbon (May Arts).
This card is so lovely it is enough to brighten anyones birthday!
Monochromatic looks are always breathtaking and this first design by Katerina proves the point.
Katerina had a dream to make a black-and-white image using only 2 markers. She thought it would be a fantasy! Only 2 colors, but with Chameleon Color Tones it was possible!
This is the image she started with
Materials used:- Cool Gray (CG8), Deep Black (DB4) and Detail pen 0,4mm(D), white pen from uni-bal.
1) On a white cardboard the picture of the flowers was printed out from Grafistka.com. Flowers were coloured with the Cool Gray (CG8) pen using the brush nib infusing for 3-5 seconds.
2) Using Deep Black (DB4) using the brush nib infusing for 3-5 seconds, shadows were added to the middle of flower petals.
3) For more dimension streaks were added to the petals using Detail pen 0,4mm(D).
4) Paint over all white background with Deep Black (DB4) using the brush.
5) Finally use a white pen to draw points and circles on all black background.
This monochromatic design doesn’t have to be black and white you could try other two colour combinations, what would be your favourite combo?
A Teacher’s Gift
… Read more »
Another Friend Friday with Rosy Owl
… Read more »
… Read more »
Get On Your Teacher’s Right Side!
… Read more »
Friend Friday Continues With Rosy Owl
… Read more »
Back to School Note Book
… Read more »
It is Friend Friday With Rosy Owl
… Read more »
… Read more »
The Wedding Album
… Read more »
A Wedding Layout
… Read more »