We often ask the question why colour flat when you can colour with dimension? These cards show how you can make your designs pop by adding highlights and shading to your designs giving the effect of dimension.
Here is a beautiful card that Isha created but the flowers were coloured with individual colours, this would be all that you would be able to achieve if you just had one pen of each colour.By Isha Gupta
But now look what can be achieved with the same number of Chameleon Pens.
Because the Chameleon Color Tone pens give multiple shades from one individual pen it is possible to achieve this effect.
Materials used: Chameleon Color Tones Pens Deluxe Set; Crimson Red (RD4), Summer Sun (YL2), Warm Sunset (YO3), Black (BK4), Seville Orange (OR4) and Olive Green (OL3). Penny BlackStamp (Poppy Trio), Altenew (Label Love); Imagine Crafts/ Tsukineko Ink (Memento Tuxedo Black), (Firework Spray – Summer Sky), (Creative medium: Metallic Gold); Cardstock: Neenah White, Vellum: Patterned paper: Avery Elle; Stencil: Prima Marketing
Instructions for the dimensional design:
1) Stamp image using Memento black ink onto Neenah cardstock.
2) Start colouring the center flower with Crimson Red, infusing the brush nib for 3-5 seconds.
3) Use Seville Orange to color the left flower using the brush nib and infusing it for 3-5 seconds.
4) For the yellow flower, first colour it using Summer Sun, using the brush nib and infusing it for 3-5 seconds. Then colour over it using Warm Sunset, infusing for 3-5 seconds.
5) For the leaves, use Olive Green and the brush nib, infusing it for 3 seconds.
6) For flower centers, use Deep black and the brush nib, infusing it for 2 seconds.
7) Cut cardbase, flick some firework spray in to the two corners.
8) Cut a strip of vellum, apply creative medium using the stencil. Let dry, then adhere the vellum to the cardbase.
9) Adhere the floral mat layer onto the patterned paper layer using 3D foam. Adhere to the card.
10) Stamp sentiment, cut and adhere using 3D foam.
Which do you prefer the first image coloured flat or the second one with dimension?
Kasia is with us today to share a gorgeous Z fold Mini Album created using Chameleon Pens and Perfect Paper Crafting Tools.
Chameleon Color Tones Pens Deluxe Set HOT COCOA (BR2), BUBBLE GUM (PK3) , COOL GRAY (CG8), OLIVE GREEN (OL3), BISQUE (NU1), FAWN (NU3), WARM SUNSET (YO3), GRASS GREEN (GR3), DETAIL PEN (D ).
1.Cut a strip of paper from a 30 x 30 sheet and fold it into 3 pieces
4. Glue pieces of paper creating the background
Please hop on over to the Perfect Paper Crafting Blog for more inspiration using Chameleon Pens and their tools
Wow this hop has been so much fun so far and the inspiration from both teams just keeps on coming! Monica joins us today with this fabulous Easter Basket.
By Monica Edwards
Materials Used: Chameleon Color Tone Pens Summer Sun (YL2) and Warm Sunset (Y03). Stamps of life My Little Chickie, Perfect Layers Mini, Perfect Cutting Mat, Easter Gable Box, Stampin Up Patterned Paper and Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
1) Stamp image using Memento Ink on Express It paper as shown. Then use YL2 and Y03 to color My Little Chickie, infuse each time by counting to ten to give the blended look.
2) Then cut chick out and use Perfect Layers Mini to create a 5/8 inch edge from the Stampin Up patterned paper.
3) Perfect LayersMini was also used to cut the patterned paper used to cover the Easter Gable box.
Here is the box all finished and ready to fill it up with Easter goodies for Monica’s nephew and niece.
Don’t forget to hop on over to the Perfect Paper Crafting Blog to see more inspiration using Chameleon Pens with their tools
by Isha Gupta
Materials used: -
Chameleon Color Tones Pens Deluxe Set; Crimson Red (RD4), Bubble Gum (PK3), Summer Sun (YL2), Seville Orange (OR4), Spring Meadow (YG3), Sky Blue (BL3), Royal Blue (BL6), Fawn (NU3) and Colorless Blender. Simon Says Stamp (Birthday Farm Animals); Simon Says Stamp (Happy Birthday word die), Winnie&Walter (Essentials: Katherine Cutaways, Goldie Trim Cutaways); Imagine Crafts/ Tsukineko ink (Memento Tuxedo Black); Cardstock: Neenah White, Recollections: Dark Blue, DCWV: Foil ; Patterned Paper: Bella Blvd. Ribbon from stash; Tools: Perfect Layers Mini and Perfect Cutting Mat.
1) Die cut the tag and stamp the image. Adhere the dark blue card stock behind it and then cut 1/16th inch border using the Perfect Layer Mini tool. This tool is Awesome and makes it so easy to have a perfect matt all around.
2) Color the Chick using Crimson Red, Bubble Gum, Summer Sun using the brush tip and infusion time of 5 seconds. Color in the beak and eyes using Seville Orange and Sky Blue using the brush tip and infusion time of 2 seconds.
3) Color the gift ribbon with Crimson Red using brush tip and infusion time of 3 seconds.
Color the gift box using Seville Orange, Summer Sun, Spring Meadow and Sky Blue using the brush tip and infusion time of 2 seconds.
4) Die cut the trim using gold foil. Die cut the word Happy 3 times, once using blue and twice using white cardstock. Stack them together keeping the blue at the top.
5) Take a strip of white card stock and color it using Seville Orange so it matches the colors in the image. Adhere it behind the blue patterned paper and again using the Perfect Layers Mini tool, trim at 1/16th inch. Assemble everything together as the card.
The Perfect Cutting Mat works so well with the Perfect layers Mini giving a uniform finish to the tag.
We hope Isha has inspired you with the happy card, for more inspiration hop on over to the Perfect Paper Crafting Blog here
Materials used: Chameleon Pens Deluxe Set (BR2) Hot cocoa, (NU1) Bisque, (BL3) Sky Blue, (BR5) Bark, (CG8) Cool Gray, (PR4) Purple Grape, (OL3) Olive Green, (PK3) Bubble Gum and Colorless Blender. Perfect Papercrafting Perfect Layers Mini and cutting mat, Lili of the Valley Never too old for a hug stamp, Neenah classic crest smooth solar white card stock, Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, Papertrey ink Plum Pudding and Spring Moss card stock, Stampin’ Up! Soft Sky card stock, Papertrey ink Plum Pudding ribbon and vintage buttons, Stampin’ Up! White bakery twine, Studio Calico Darling Dear patterned paper pad, hobby knife.
You can download full step by step colour instructions for Ilina’s project by clicking the link below.
Don’t forget to hop on over to the Perfect Paper Crafting blog to see more fabulous inspiration here
We are so excited to be sharing this blog hop with Perfect Paper Crafting, their tools are a great addition to our pens. Our design team have been playing with the Perfect Layers Mini and the Perfect Cutting Mat and will be bringing you some fabulous inspiration over the coming weeks. Make sure you also check out the Perfect Paper Crafting Blog for inspiration from their team too!
Materials used: Chameleon Color Tones Pens: Sky Blue (BL3), Bisque (NU1), Cool Gray (CG8), Crimson Red (RD4), Bubble Gum (PK3) and Hot Cocoa (BR2). Tiddly Inks Some Bunny, Perfect Paper Crafting Perfect Cutting Mat and Perfect Layers Mini, DCWV Inc. Striped Stack 6×6 paper pad, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, Neenah Textured off-white card-stock and misc foam adhesives.
1) Stamp images and color with Chameleon Color Tones Pens (infusing for 15 to 20 seconds).
2) Trim images leaving a hint of white around the edges.
3) Stamp sentiment on card-stock base.
4) Using your Perfect Paper Crafting Perfect Cutting Mat and Perfect Layers Mini cut two layers leaving 1/4″edges on each side and from top to bottom trim using the 3/8th” edge.
5) Take the first layer and add foam adhesives for dimension.
6) With all the layers adhered together now add to card base.
7) Add foam adhesives squares to images and adhere to card.
Don’t forget to hop on over to the Perfect Paper Crafting Blog for more inspiration!
Kasia surprised us all with this fabulous Easter Exploding box!
By Kasia Frezja
Just lift off the lid to reveal this cute design.
Chameleon Color Tones Pens Deluxe Set; (NU1) Bisque, (NU3) Fawn, (RD4) Crimson Red, (PK3) Bubble Gum, (D) Detail Pen.
1) Draw two rabbits using the detail pen, then colour using Chameleon pens.
2) Cut out box base and lid and cover with patterned paper on all sides.
3) Cut paper doilies in half and add to the sides on the inside of the box.
4) Apply lettering, bunnies, and white card stock, add a hand written greeting
5) Add the flowers and twine to finish.
Kasia added a flower to the middle of box , but you could add chocolate eggs or any other embellishment or gift that would fit into this wonderful exploding box!
We Love this chocolate Easter basket created by Ilina. Doesn’t that egg look fabulous shaded?
By Ilina Crouse
We have a step by step downloadable tutorial for you just click the link below to download
Chameleon Pens Deluxe Set (YO3) Warm Sunset, (OR4) Seville Orange, (BG4) Aquamarine, (YG3) Spring Meadow. Stampin’ Up! Coastal Cabana card stock, Best Year Ever Designer Series paper and accessory pack, L Die Berry Basket, Best Day Ever stamp set, Neenah classic crest smooth solar white card stock, Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, Papertrey Ink Scrambled Eggs stamp set, Versamark Ink Pad.
Ilina has filled her basket with chocolate bars, but it would also be great to create several to give out to the children to collect their treats on an Easter Egg hunt!
We would love to hear if you have tried to re-create this project and what you filled your baskets with.
This beautiful vase full of color from Isha will brighten any dull day!
Materials used: Chameleon Color Tones Pens Deluxe Set; Crimson Red (RD4), Bark (BR5), Summer Sun (YL2), Seville Orange (OR4), Hot Cocoa (BR2), Spring Meadow (YG3), Olive Green (OL3), Sky Blue (BL3), Bubble Gum (PK3), Purple Grape (PR4), Cool Gray (CG8); Stampendous Stamp (Cling Bowl Bouquet), MFT (Sentiment – Peaceful Wildflowers); Imagine Crafts/ Tsukineko Ink (Memento Tuxedo Black); Watercolor: Caran d’ Ache (Blue, Black and Red); Neenah White Cardstock, Strathmore water-colour paper.
1) Stamp image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Neenah cardstock.
2) Color the image using the brush nib. The Roses were colored using Crimson Red (RD4), infusing the brush nib for between 3-10 seconds, depending on the petal size.
For the yellow daisy, first color using Summer Sun (YL2) and then overlay with Seville Orange (OR4) keeping the infusion time from 3-5 seconds. In the same way color the pink flowers using Bubble Gum (PK3) and Purple Grape (PR4).
3) For the leaves first use Spring Meadow (YG3) and then Olive Green (OL3) keeping the infusion time of between 5-10 seconds.
4) For the stones, use Cool Gray (CG8) and keep the infusion time of 4 seconds.
5) Finally use Sky Blue (BL3) for the vase. Color over the stones too.
6) Fussy cut the image. Make card base using watercolor paper. Apply some blue and red color wash to create the background. Let Dry. Use black to create a base for your vase.
Adhere the image to the card base using 3D foam. Stamp sentiment and tie the twine.
We love how Isha has created that watery effect with the vase and the highlights on the petals of the flowers.
Monica joins us today to share this stunning Easter Gift Envelope that she created for her Niece.
Materials used: Chameleon Color Tone Pens Crimson Red (RD4), Grass Green (GR3), Seville Orange (OR4), Bark (BR5), Bisque (NU1), Cool Grey (CG8). Sweetstamps, Magnolia “Something Old, Something New” paper, distress inks.
Monica said her inspiration for this project was to create a gift envelope for her Easter loving Niece, who hates pink and purples, so did the project in her favourite colour red! So she made her these gift bags to hand out to all her envious friends.
St Patrick’s Day
… Read more »
… Read more »
Mother’s Day Card
… Read more »
… Read more »
… Read more »
Spring Tulip Layout
… Read more »
Spring Gift Tags
… Read more »
Wish Pig Card
… Read more »
… Read more »
Soft Pink Rose Card
… Read more »