Ilina joins us today with this fun reindeer shaker card.
By Ilina Crouse
Chameleon Pens Deluxe set, Memento Tuxedo black ink , Mama Elephant Reindeer games set and dies, Mama Elephant Merry Greetings stamp set, Papertrey Ink Snowflake Sparkle mini stamp set, White Craft ink pad, Staz-on White ink pad, Fuse tool, 4×6 Project life fuse pockets, assortment of sequins, Lawn Fawn Hillside borders dies, Neenah White card stock, Stampin’ Up! Soft Sky card stock, We r memory keepers next level quilted embossing folder.
1) Using the project life fuse pocket make a pocket measuring around 3 3/4″ x 5″, leave it open on one side so you can slide in the images and sequins/beads. Stamp sentiment using white Staz-On ink pad.
2)Die cut two strips using the Hillside borders dies from white card stock to create the “snow” in the scene.
Cut the background of the “Scene” from Soft Sky card stock to measure about 3 3/4″ x 5″ (to fit in the pocket you created in the step (1) and stamp snowflakes in the background using white craft ink.
3) Stamp and die cut the images and then color the images using your Chameleon pens. Here are fuse times used to color the reindeer and trees:
– Trees: Color the top part using the Green Grass pen and infusing with the toning medium for 20 seconds, then do the same with the Spring Meadow pen; infuse it for 20 seconds and color on top of the Green Grass tree. For the trunk, infuse your Bark pen (the ball point) for 6 seconds and color the trunk.
– Reindeer: Use Bark, Fawn and Cool Gray.
For the head use the Bark pen and infuse it with the toning medium for 13 seconds,
for the larger part of the body the Bark pen was used again and infused with the toning medium for 10 seconds. For the individual legs the Bark pen was used and infused with the toning medium for 7 seconds for the larger limbs, and 6 seconds for the smaller ones. For the ears use the Bark pen and infuse for 3 seconds. For the Reindeer face use the Fawn pen and infuse it with the toning medium for 14 seconds. For the belly use the Fawn marker and infuse with the toning medium for 4 seconds.
The antlers were colored with the Cool Gray pen and infused with the toning medium for 5 seconds, for each antler. For the smallest parts use an un-infused pen.
4) Adhere the snow panels and tree onto the Soft Sky background and slide it in in the pocket, then add sequins and beads. Close the shaker pocket using your Fuse tool.
5) Cut 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ piece of white card stock and emboss it using one of the embossing folders. Adhere your shaker pocket onto the embossed panel using glue dots. Adhere reindeer onto the front of the shaker pocket.
6) To finish it adhere the whole panel with the shaker onto Soft Sky card base measuring 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5 1/2″
We love this interactive design, why not give it a try?